Tina's Big Night

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited May 26, 2008 in People
Some snapshots from my daughter's graduation night...

1- Ready to Go!!!
300042989_jhvqw-M.jpg

2-
300041948_rvHTr-M.jpg

3- With friends
300050357_66hra-S.jpg

4-Kissing high school good-bye!
300060093_jPLay-M.jpg

5- In the prom pose.
300082900_UMRA8-M.jpg

6-With Rachel....I posted Rachel's senior portraits in the DGRIN forum awhile back.
300089085_ZoDiz-M.jpg

7-My wife's mom came into town for my kids graduations.
300092400_zysrP-M.jpg

8- I shot this thinking of the "Moving Forward" challenge...but did not use it.
300101674_vfzkH-M.jpg

9-Receiving her diploma.
300104495_xcgCC-M.jpg

10-Color version of the photo I decided to use in the "Moving Forward" challenge. This one uncropped, and with very little processing.
300118334_kmKbx-M.jpg

Comments

• PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    I love the last one.thumb.gif I was ready to take a shot like that a week ago at my sister's college graduation, but only like 10 people tossed their caps.ne_nau.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Beautiful shots, Jeff!! clap.gif

#5. Haha, you're having far too much fun with your daughter and all her girlfriends!! rolleyes1.gif

#7. ... wait ..... this is grandma??? Cheeeeezzzz ... how young do you guys loon in your family??

Love #2, 9 & 10 clap.gif

... so what are her plans now? Or will she just take some weeks off now?
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Paulcao wrote:
    I love the last one.thumb.gif I was ready to take a shot like that a week ago at my sister's college graduation, but only like 10 people tossed their caps.ne_nau.gif

At my son's college graduation last week I was fully prepared to catch the same toss shot, but....they just got up and walked out....maybe three kids tossed a hat. The high schoolers were much more enthusiastic.

Thanks for having a look.
    edited May 23, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Beautiful shots, Jeff!! clap.gif

Thanks. I appreciate that!
    #5. Haha, you're having far too much fun with your daughter and all her girlfriends!! rolleyes1.gif
    They all wanted to show off the dresses they had worn under their gowns. I had them pose this way since it is something they have done for nearly every high school dance that I can remember. And yes...they are a fun group of young ladies...and I am sure that I will miss haveing them around as much as we have over the years.
    #7. ... wait ..... this is grandma??? Cheeeeezzzz ... how young do you guys loon in your family??

Yes, my mother in law. I have the photos here from her first wedding. She was absolutely stunning in the photos.
    Love #2, 9 & 10 clap.gif

... so what are her plans now? Or will she just take some weeks off now?
    My wife took our two girls and my son's sweetheart to Gulf Shores...to the beach...for this weekend. After that? She is going to work full time for the summer. She has been working at the Louisiana Secratary of the States office for at least a year and will continue until fall. She begins classes at Nicholls State University...and on a full acedemic scholorship...in August. She plans to major in Biology and hopes to attend med school after getting that degree. She aspires to be a surgeon. I hope she also aspires to come home at least every other weekend. We are going to miss her and all her drama!iloveyou.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    My wife took our two girls and my son's sweetheart to Gulf Shores...to the beach...for this weekend. After that? She is going to work full time for the summer. She has been working at the Louisiana Secratary of the States office for at least a year and will continue until fall. She begins classes at Nicholls State University...and on a full acedemic scholorship...in August. She plans to major in Biology and hopes to attend med school after getting that degree. She aspires to be a surgeon. I hope she also aspires to come home at least every other weekend. We are going to miss her and all her drama!iloveyou.gif

Surgeon? Wow, I bet some guys will break their legs so she'll do their surgery ... mwink.gif I'm sure you're proud of her! What a beautiful daughter!! iloveyou.gif And what an eventfull year!!
    edited May 23, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Surgeon? Wow, I bet some guys will break their legs so she'll do their surgery ... mwink.gif I'm sure you're proud of her! What a beautiful daughter!! iloveyou.gif And what an eventfull year!!

Laughing.gif they will have to do a whole lot more than break a leg....

I should have said....she wants to specialize in obstetrics!!!

..at least so she says!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    I'm guessing these were all shot w/ the 17-55? :)

Lovely shots as usual
    edited May 23, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    I'm guessing these were all shot w/ the 17-55? :)

Lovely shots as usual

Thanks,

Shots 7,8, and 9 were done with the 85mm F1.8 lens. The others were taken with the 17-55.
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Wow! Your pictures are always so amazing!! I love the last one. My niece will be a Junior this year. Time goes by so fast it makes my head spin.
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Beautiful shots as always. A happy and a sad time. Now the empty nest syndrome.
    LadyTX
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Great shots Jeff!!!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited May 23, 2008
    Wow! Your pictures are always so amazing!! I love the last one. My niece will be a Junior this year. Time goes by so fast it makes my head spin.

You are too kind Julie. Thank you...and thanks for the link from your blog to mine...I noticed a few visits came from there and backtracked to you. Yours is looking great, and I think...maybe...you bought the underwater diffuser?:D

You are right though....time is a whirlwind.
    edited May 23, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Beautiful shots as always. A happy and a sad time. Now the empty nest syndrome.

Empty nest? Whats that? As of today they are all still living here. Maybe I will get a taste in August!:D
    It is definately a happy and sad time thoughrolleyes1.gifwings.gifrolleyes1.gifwings.gifrolleyes1.gif
    edited May 23, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Great shots Jeff!!!

Thanks Randy!
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    You are too kind Julie. Thank you...and thanks for the link from your blog to mine...I noticed a few visits came from there and backtracked to you. Yours is looking great, and I think...maybe...you bought the underwater diffuser?:D

You are right though....time is a whirlwind.

I had to post my diffuser! It is a riot! Seriously, could you imagine showing up to a wedding with that thing attached to it? Not!!! rofl!!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2008
    Great shots as usual Jeff. I love the last one. Perfect timing.
    edited May 23, 2008
    I had to post my diffuser! It is a riot! Seriously, could you imagine showing up to a wedding with that thing attached to it? Not!!! rofl!!

Laughing.gif I use the gary fong lightsphere cloud...when I use one. I used it for the indoor shots here, but with the top removed to also bounce from the ceiling. I paid around $40, but there is a knockoff sold on ebay for much less...lambancy...I think.
    edited May 23, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    Great shots as usual Jeff. I love the last one. Perfect timing.

Thanks David. I shot a multiple on the last one and got at least three, but this had the best feel to it.
    edited May 24, 2008
    Tina and Rach with their diplomas!!!

300128997_bccF3-M.jpg
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    I'm bettin' you got the best "snapshots" of any parent on that day! Wonderful! Great catch on that last one!

And I'm with Agnieszka...that's Grandma?! No wonder your wife is so beautiful!!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Not surprised by these shots. As I mentioned before Jeff...I absolutely love your style of photography. You get great people shots all the time. Good job dude!thumb.gif

P.S. Your daughter is beautiful.
    edited May 25, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm bettin' you got the best "snapshots" of any parent on that day! Wonderful! Great catch on that last one!

I dunno about that first comment...but they are plenty good for me. The whole reason I got so involved with photography was to be able to get better "snapshots" to document my family's lives. Everything else is just practice!:D
    And I'm with Agnieszka...that's Grandma?! No wonder your wife is so beautiful!!

Laughing.gif....I think you are both right!.....Nobody made a comment to say how goodlooking her dad is in my recent "A Farmer's Work" post!!rolleyes1.gif

I guess its like the song..."she get it from her momma"...:ivar
    edited May 25, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Not surprised by these shots. As I mentioned before Jeff...I absolutely love your style of photography. You get great people shots all the time. Good job dude!thumb.gif

P.S. Your daughter is beautiful.

Thanks Seneca,

I didn't realize I had settled into a "style" yet....but I am flattered.
  • AzuriteAzurite Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    So were #1 & #2 outdoor poses shot with ONLY ambient light? Did you use reflectors or fill flash? I can't seem to get outdoor photos with lighting like this headscratch.gif And your daughter's skin is flawless.... I'm sure good genes take 99% credit, but did makeup help or were the images improved in PP?
    edited May 26, 2008
    Azurite wrote:
    So were #1 & #2 outdoor poses shot with ONLY ambient light? Did you use reflectors or fill flash? I can't seem to get outdoor photos with lighting like this headscratch.gif And your daughter's skin is flawless.... I'm sure good genes take 99% credit, but did makeup help or were the images improved in PP?

No. I use fill flash about 95% of the time outdoors, and used it here. Photos 1 and 2 are actually a bad example of good fill. We were in a hurry to meet the other kids and snapped these on our patio. I did not use a diffuser, and the flash here is too strong causing it to introduce the tassle shadows on her hat. If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I would have reshot them both. THese were all processed in lightroom with no touch ups or other photoshopery.....ie:that's her skin.

Too much fill is as bad as not using any at all....or worse. Flash exposure compensation is what you need to be working with. I did use a CT Blue gel on the flash to match temperature with the shade.