Options

Models nightime shoot

studio girlstudio girl Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited May 24, 2008 in Technique
Hey guys we are going to be shooting some models at nighttime down town Tulsa OK. How would you suggest I use two portable strobes with umbrella and a 42 inch reflectors. I am using a canon 40D w/ 28-135 lens. what lens do you suggest that i use?
Canon EOS 40D / EF 28-135 ; EFS 18-55 Lens /Canon Speedlite 580EX .
http://studiogirl.smugmug .com/:thumb

Comments

• Options
    super starsuper star Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Hey guys we are going to be shooting some models at nighttime down town Tulsa OK. How would you suggest I use two portable strobes with umbrella and a 42 inch reflectors. I am using a canon 40D w/ 28-135 lens. what lens do you suggest that i use?

I use and i will suggest the Master of lights called SUN but you told us that you are going to shoot in night time soo Just you to stand under halogen street light... same what i used to do.. and waiting for people walk around me.... when they are walking.. you will get a 180 degree of their shadows move... you can choose your anglewings.gif soooo flexible ...

do you still prefer studio lights ??deal.gif if so my friends around will help you better then me :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 24, 2008
    I moved this to Technique. Hope you get the info you need there.

Cheers,
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008

Where in Tulsa are you shooting....Oral Roberts U??rolleyes1.gif Just kiddiin.....First have you procurred your licensing from city to shoot in public....may not be needed in Tulsa but some cities try to steal all they can from us and better to check than be pinched by the local PD:D I got picned on the out skirts shooting the city at night...but I was sitting in the passenger window of a car at 80MPH gettingthose lovely Tulsa at night shots rolleyes1.gif

On to seriousness now.........What stobes are we talking about and do you have a light meter?
    personally I would be opting for a 70-200f2.8 but that doesn't seem to be an option so go for the 28-135....give you some breathing room to work...I personally hate being right on top of someoone when shooting......As SS suggested use the bright lights of T-town and the reflector....reflector.....what color is it....may I suggest a gold one....I love the gold..........Ithink the city lights and Hight ISO would be ideal for a lot of the shots....T-town still have a lot of fountains that are lit....use'm....stop by Leon Russels house could be a party if so well use it.....do you see where I am going......I have not partied there in many years but one you got use to the oil smell it was alrightmwink.gif.......Do some stuff with flash on a bracket...I kn ow you have seen the models hoots done in NY on the streets.....camera with flash on a bracket and go...could use a modifier ( I use LumniQuest the large soft box...but gonna try a Lambency from ebay real soon, if they have one for my minolta 5600).....see if you can get permission to shoot a few shoots inthen icer hotel lobbies and in the malls .........

Good Luckthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website