Contact me links doing weird things on my end

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited May 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have noticed that when I clik on a contact me by email link in the Muggers customized sites I have been to....something weird happens.....instead of going to a fill in the blank page or opening a page with email info.....I all of a sudden get an IE Att/yahoo sign in page to an old yahoo account.....now I have not used IE for over 2.5 yrs....it is not my default browser (even states so whn I went to IE and looked in internet options......FF is my default browser......I am not understanding this.
I am sure it has to be in my settings somewhere but where.
Any help will be immensely appreciated as this is driving me nuts and I do not want this to happen to others when I get my site customized in the future....

Thanx
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    that's configured in your browser - what email client is launched when you click such a link.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    that's configured in your browser - what email client is launched when you click such a link.
    One of my Yahoo accounts.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited May 24, 2008
    opened IE went to tools and I.O. and set home page to ........DGRIN.....of course......set all the email setting to outlook.....maybe this will stop the crazyness:D

edited May 24, 2008
    No Change After Changes Except....
    i have double, triple and quadruple checked all my internet options and IE is not my default browser....yahoo is not my mail client.....However it still opens what ever is in that mail client box and bloody MS doesn't give a friggin NONE as an option.....this sucks because this only happens on SM.....no where else.........I have been up all night trying to get a 170mb photo downloaded from a restoration company and dealing with this while photo downloaded.....I'll sleep later maybe.....hopefully.....surely this is not a SM bug.....Oh I just tried it on Jeffreaux2 contact page and left it open hated to do that to him but my message was sort of an explanation......let me see how andy's contact works.....now

edited May 24, 2008
    Ok...same thing when I cliked Andy's email me....auto opned MS outlook......all that is in the IE browser info not FF....do not understand.ne_nau.gif

edited May 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Ok...same thing when I cliked Andy's email me....auto opned MS outlook......all that is in the IE browser info not FF....do not understand.ne_nau.gif
    I don't understand either - the email links are not part of SmugMug. Where is a specific, direct link to a page where you are experiencing this, Art?
    edited May 24, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I don't understand either - the email links are not part of SmugMug. Where is a specific, direct link to a page where you are experiencing this, Art?

Your contact me page.....where it says "email me"......it seems to do this on every SM account out there.....strange.....
    Your email me link.....where should that lead or what should it do?? that may answer the question.ne_nau.gif

edited May 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Your contact me page.....where it says "email me"......it seems to do this on every SM account out there.....strange.....
    Your email me link.....where should that lead or what should it do?? that may answer the question.ne_nau.gif
    Hello Art... when you click on an email link like on my website, here:

http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/729385

It will launch the email client you have set up on your computer and your browser.
    edited May 24, 2008
    Ok...that answers it then.......now to find how to set it in FF....Thanx Andy

edited May 24, 2008
    However...
    On this contact page when i clik the submit button it does the exact same thing.....that is strangeness.....