Options

Quantum +1 vs. Nikon batt pack

rtcaryrtcary Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited May 25, 2008 in Technique
I have the Quantum +1 that seems fine (gives me 300-1,000 flashes depending on how much I am stressing the SB-800), but the recycle time for those 100% flashes is 3-5 seconds. Is there any advantage in using the Nikon battery pack with the rechargeables?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    Prob. not...How old is the Q+1?? It may be time for it to go to an Alpak batter or something like that to be rebuilt....mine have cost me less than $35+ tax for rebuilds here and it powers my sunpak 622 on full manual in aboutthe same time your expressing for a shoe mount flash......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    rtcaryrtcary Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Prob. not...How old is the Q+1?? It may be time for it to go to an Alpak batter or something like that to be rebuilt....mine have cost me less than $35+ tax for rebuilds here and it powers my sunpak 622 on full manual in aboutthe same time your expressing for a shoe mount flash......

I just had Quantum replace the battery and it working quite well, however I notice that the Nikon plugs into the front of the SB-800, so it must have more than 6 volts.

Todd