Back At the Slacklining

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited May 25, 2008 in Sports
Kelsey dropped us a line last weekend and mentioned he was in town, so we went down to the park for some slacklining fun. Haven't posted slacking shots in a while, evidently I need to work a little less and play a little more! :D

The first line we set up is referred to as a "midline." This is somewhere between a "lowline" and a "highline," a dangerous medium where you're often too high to
land a fall safely, but too low to use a leash or other safety mechanisms. This really is the most dangerous form of slacklining, even if your mind screams otherwise when you try to take a step on a highline, 400 feet up.

We mitigated our danger by rigging in a playground, with nice soft landings. :D Here's Kelsey's feet.
midline01.jpg

One shot of ME shot by either my lovely wife Tracy, or Kelsey or Richard.
midline02.jpg

Kelsey doesn't seem eager...
midline04.jpg

But he laces up and steps out anyway. :D
midline05.jpg

OOPS! :rofl The rest of this sequence is almost as good. :D
midline07.jpg

Richard steps up and gives it a shot.
midline08.jpg

Kelsey's feet again, and the line.
midline09.jpg

Kelsey had been climbing all weekend, and the aftermath was really beat up hands, which of course all climbers appreciate. Tracy checks out the destruction.
midline10.jpg

Later on we rigged a lowline for some more relaxing fun late into the evening. Here's Richard, experiencing the agony of defeat. :D
midline12.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    How about a shot from below, looking up? The slackliner can use the photog as a pillow, if it all goes wrong.:D