Xochimilco.................IR

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited May 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

One of the most unexpected pleasures in Mexico City, is taking a small boat throughout the canals of Xochimilco, it's a World Heritage Site, definitely a place to not be missed if you are in or around Mexico City.

97159646.jpg

Shot with a modded D70S, Thanks for Looking.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Craig,

I've been to this place and I'm really struggling to remember the white trees. I'm sure they were there....perhaps the teguila and the Mexican's famous " flag " drink were too much for me that day.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Craig,

I've been to this place and I'm really struggling to remember the white trees. I'm sure they were there....perhaps the teguila and the Mexican's famous " flag " drink were too much for me that day.

Tom

The trees are not that white normally, but the shot was taken was taken with an Infrared camera...so mose green vegetation turns that white color...
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Hi BPerron....

I was jiving with Craig, having a little fun with him. He is well known for his excellent IR work.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Hi Panther,,,,,,, I like the shot...and I learned something. I looked the place up on the internet........Thanks for sharing...... azzaro
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Nice shot Craig. thumb.gif Love the color and mood in this one.
    How you all get to travel so much is beyond me.
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    Craig,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Laughing.gif, If I'd had any I'd of probably fallen in, it was as stunning place.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited May 26, 2008
    BPerron wrote:
    The trees are not that white normally, but the shot was taken was taken with an Infrared camera...so mose green vegetation turns that white color...

Howdy Brandon,

I think you have fallen victim to Tom's Humor, thanks for helping out.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited May 26, 2008
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Panther,,,,,,, I like the shot...and I learned something. I looked the place up on the internet........Thanks for sharing...... azzaro

Howdy Azzaro,

Until we were working on our trip planning, which I have really come to enjoy immensley. I hadn't heard about it either, such an interesting place, full of natural beauty.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited May 26, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Nice shot Craig. thumb.gif Love the color and mood in this one.
    How you all get to travel so much is beyond me.
    Thanks very much, the Colors of all the Boats are almost blinding, but are in such striking contrast to the beautiful canals and vegetation.

I can send you one of our CC bills and I think you will understand :cry but life is so short and there are so many places to see and visit, I am afraid our list will continue to grow, and We might not make it to them all, But we'll sure give it our bestmwink.gif
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    Craig, another beautiful image from you. Are you doing a tour or going on your own? I've been warned by many native Mexicans about the poor personal safety situation in and around Mexico City. What's your assessment of this issue based on your experience?

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
    edited May 26, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Craig, another beautiful image from you. Are you doing a tour or going on your own? I've been warned by many native Mexicans about the poor personal safety situation in and around Mexico City. What's your assessment of this issue based on your experience?

Cuong
    Howdy Cuong,

Thanks very much.

We gave a lot of consideration to the exact things you mentioned, an decided that we didn't have very much time to tour (2 1/2 days) so we decided that we'd find a tour guide that would not only guide us, but provide transportation. It was really kind of hard to find someone like this, but finally after a long internet search we found the perfect person. This turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip, and are already talking of going back an having him take us more places.

I realize this type of traveling isn't the way most folks would choose, but for the 3 of Us( A friend, My Wife and Myself) it turned out wonderfully. It was almost even with the cost of a Bus Tour to the Pyramids/Basciala for the 3 of Us,then we had even more time to see other sections of MC.

One thing that really amazed me was the Traffic, everywhere, so moving from one location to the next required time, but still it was worth it. They have a great subway system, but you would have to monitor the times when the rush hour traffic wasn't a factor to move around. Of course I guess anyplace with somewhere between 20-25 million people would have some traffic woes<g>.

We are not really party people, we did go out a couple of evenings, and never really felt ill at ease. As everyone always says don't put yourself in bad positions, but like I said we aren't really out late or cruising around.

All the Hotel's have a set of Taxis that they use, and if someone doesn't do a good job or causes problems they probably won't stay on the hotels list.

I can't wait to get back there, but so many places, so little time<g></g></g>
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    Craig, thank you for the detailed response. I've found that traffic congestion is a common problem in all urban areas whether you're in a 3rd-world, developing, or developed country.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips