Options

FS: Tripod Ring for Canon 70-200f4 (IS or Non)

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited March 12, 2009 in House of Canon
FS: New in box:

Canon Tripod Mount Ring A-2 (B) for Canon 70-200 f4 lenses: both IS and non IS use the same ring.

New in box, from B&H:
> New price $149 plus shipping
> My price $125 plus actual shipping (Paypal included)

301098377_nrm6Z-L.jpg

301098371_5kRPV-L.jpg

301098448_wqy2N-L.jpg

Bought and sold a fair amount here, plus active poster.

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    One week bump.
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    rebelxtnewbierebelxtnewbie Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    The box only list the 200 2.8 as compatable lens?

Is the only difference btween the 70-200 f/4 collar and the 200 2.8 collar the color?
    Lenses: A Never Ending Revolving Door of stuff

Equipment ~ $5K, Income from pictures ~ $0K, Memories ~ Priceless
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Yes, they only list the white version as compatible to the 70-200f4L lens, but this fits - I have personally used it (as you can see, I am selling the lens as well.) I thought it would be easier to sell them seperately, so I listed as such. It fits the lens in this post:

http://digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=94852

either IS or non IS versions.

Z

BTW: It used to be the white was much more expensive, so I was cheap and went with the black. They were funcionally the same. I see Canon has corrected that now and they are close to the same price.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2008
    June bump
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2008
    August bump - in time for the fall shooting season!

Z
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,849 moderator
    edited August 3, 2008
    The box only list the 200 2.8 as compatable lens?

Is the only difference btween the 70-200 f/4 collar and the 200 2.8 collar the color?
    Zanotti wrote:
    Yes, they only list the white version as compatible to the 70-200f4L lens, but this fits - I have personally used it (as you can see, I am selling the lens as well.) I thought it would be easier to sell them seperately, so I listed as such. It fits the lens in this post:

http://digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=94852

either IS or non IS versions.

Z

BTW: It used to be the white was much more expensive, so I was cheap and went with the black. They were funcionally the same. I see Canon has corrected that now and they are close to the same price.

Folks, I'm the one that talked Zanotti into purchasing this tripod ring for the Canon 70-200mm, f4 and I assure you that it will fit. thumb.gif

Obviously it will also fit the Canon 200mm, f2.8.

Personally, I think the black ring looks better than the white rings do.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    where were you when i needed one, paid full price for new?
    I have this tripod ring... prefer the black. ;) I bought mine in January, one of my best gear investments.

The tripod mount ring isn't cheap, but imo, it is well worth the cost. Shooting is more stable, even though they say you really don't need to use one for the 70-200f4. Better balance means less stress on the tripod head. Also, the tripod mount ring is an easy/fast way to quickly switch from horizontal to vertical using the ring, rather than the tripod head.

It fits both the 70-200f4 IS and non-IS, also the 400f/5.6L and 300f4L .
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2008
    Still available, still as new!

Z
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2008
    Sold the lens, now need to move the ring!

October bump!
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2009
    March bump!

Happy Spring......

Z