4 New Models!

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited May 26, 2008 in People
please let me know what you think about these new photos and models. these shoots were spread over three consecutive days and all of the models are students at york college of pennsylvania. ally has modeled for me several times, but the other three girls are all newbies. i don't think these are my best work ever, but please tell me what you think, good or bad! i appreciate any and all feedback!

ally 1
291098614_6DRb6-L-2.jpg

ally 2
291163123_TriiT-L-1.jpg

ali 1
292554549_nA4j8-L-1.jpg

ali 2
292554270_QhNUq-L-1.jpg

megan
292555647_QsonY-L-1.jpg

megan and ali
292554551_7qzWM-L-1.jpg

taylor 1
295048910_W8iLu-L-1.jpg

taylor 2
295047727_CazNJ-L-1.jpg

taylor 3
294679111_ESZKT-L-1.jpg

thanks for looking!

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    I think that these pictures are good. I mean some of the poses I've seen a lot before what there are a few like alley 2 and taylor 2 that are a stand out and different to me.
    I should not say too much though I'm a sucker for trying to get that perfect 'safe' shot. You are showing that you can do both the 'safe' kind of shots really well, and despite the name I've given them that takes talent, but also try some interesting new poses..
    You also have a good knack with finding models with good features. ;)
    good job.
    a.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Not a pro but can give some opinion maybe from a consumer POV.

ally 1 : Beautiful picture and girl. Gorgeous eyes. Like the lighting and clarity on this one. It looks a tad bit green though on my monitor.

ally 2: This pose and setting I'm not liking much.

ali 1: Beautiful picture and girl here too. Maybe a little brighter?

ali 2: Like the composition and setting but am wanting to see the whole body. (Maybe direct profile not her best side ... imho) Again, maybe a little brighter.

megan: Nice lighting and color. Again would have liked to have seen whole body shot. I would clone out the white bra showing.

megan and ali: To me Megan is too stiff and sucked up on this one. Nice lighting and color.

taylor 1: Love the pose and comp on this one.

taylor 2: Like this one also

taylor 3: Like this one too except for the grass seems to bright and overwhelms her.
    LadyTX
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    I like 4 and 5. They are a tad more contrasty than the others, and I like the compositions.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    thanks for the comments greenegg, ladytx, and jeff, i really appreciate your comments!
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    I want to like Ally 1 but it looks like you were using a wide angle a little too close and her head was tilted a little forward causing her forehead to look larger than it really is. I do like the lighting in this photo. I would guess a lot of natural light coming from behind you? It really brings her eyes out.

My favorite is Taylor 1. She has a very natural easy going smile in that one and I like the simple comp and texture of the background.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    Ally 1 is great, beautiful model and great catchlights in the eyes. Would be good if the yellow 'things' in the background weren't there though.

Taylor 1 is also beautiful work.clap.gif

Lovely.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D