Indiana Jones Poster Problems

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited May 27, 2008 in People
Hi,
I went to see the Indiana Jones movie while wearing my bomber jacket and a fedora hat. Later I took a couple of pictures and found a site with help on how to make a poster
Here are the results

300082586_NQute-L.jpg

One of the major problems I'm having is the text.
Here is the link on how to do the text:
http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop/photoshop-indiana-jones-tutorial-8-03-18/page4.html

I'm using CS2 and my 'layer style' / 'gradinet overlay' is not as complex as the one here and will not let me mess with the gradinet but only pick between a 'red' 'blue' 'green' and mixing - this red is all I can do. To top it off the 'stroke' option, which creates the outline of the text is stuck on red with no way to change it.
Any help in how to change it or do the text in a different way would be a big help.
Also, any comments on the picture itself besides what I mentioned is greatly appriecated.

a.
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    You might get more help in the finishing school area of the forum. Cool Idea though!
  • hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but here is the answer to what I THINK you are asking:

When you right click on the layer, choosing Blending Options, then Gradient Overlay ... click (or double click) the words "Gradient Overlay" (etc.), NOT the checkbox, to open the more complex settings. Ditto Stroke, etc. You can then easily change the colors, blends, strokes, shadows, etc.
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    Oh, jeez!
    Thank you so much. I didn't realize that.
    Cheers.
    a.

p.s.- it looks much nicer. :D
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com