Yellow field series

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited May 28, 2008 in People
Would love CC. This is a field by my sisters house.

DSC_0051copy.jpg
DSC_0054simplecolorlevel1withtextur.jpg
DSC_0055copy.jpg
DSC_0071copy.jpg
DSC_0114copy.jpg
DSC_0085copy.jpg
DSC_0091copy.jpg
DSC_0108vanillablackandwhite.jpg

Comments

• micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    I think 1, 3, and 5 are the best of the bunch. The first one is especially nice. You could have gone in even closer with that one I think.

Those are some pretty girls! Do you think they would model for me? :D
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    micknewton wrote:
    I think 1, 3, and 5 are the best of the bunch. The first one is especially nice. You could have gone in even closer with that one I think.

Those are some pretty girls! Do you think they would model for me? :D

Thanks for the comment.:D I tried using some textured overlays on some of these. I love photos that have this technique applied to it.
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    I think I got buried. Laughing.gif Any further CC for me?
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    I think I got buried. Laughing.gif Any further CC for me?

My apologies Julie...I meant to comment on these when I first saw them, but have been consumed with several events I have photographed as well as a photo I worked that has made the finalist list in the dgrin challenge. So I got sidetracked.

Overall, I like the contrast and color in these better than the last couple you posted....that I remember...the ones I kinda bumped up a notch in contrast and warmth. These are pretty doggone good to my eye.

The composition in 1 and 2 dont reallt do much for me, but I like ALL of the rest of them. My wish is that the girls had dressed from the same color pallette. I think that was reinforced when I saw the one you chose to do monotone, which may be a good choice for all of these. One last comment....the eyes in #3 look great!
  • PhilCollumPhilCollum Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Julie, I love this series. The color and contrast looks great to me. My fav's are 1, 3, and 6. I especially like your compositional choice in 6, and you've captured the moment very well.

Nitpicks: I'm not sure any of these photos are well suited for your textured overlay. The texture makes the sky look, well, just weird in 2 and 4, and the foreground (flowers) is too busy to see the texture. I also think you could come in closer with 4.

But overall I really like these!! clap.gif
    Phil Collum
    Phil Collum Photography
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Equipment list in my profile
    edited May 28, 2008
    Thanks for your comments, i really appreciate it. I have to be honest though, I REALLY have a hard time with posing. Seriously, I liken the feeling to almost stage fright. Does anyone else ever get that way? It's almost like I can't think of anything. How do I overcome that, or is it because I've been using these girls so much that I run out of ideas.