Photos with nudity in public events

DracilDracil Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
So I have pics from the recent Bay to Breakers event in San Francisco. Of course, with so many people wearing all sorts of costumes, some people wear their "birthday suits". But I'm not sure if uploading them would be against the TOS (which is kinda vague)

Obviously, these photos are not meant to arouse (if anything, I think most of them'd make you go limp :P), and kinda define events like these (although there were official rules prohibiting it and alcohol, both of which were obviously ignored ;)).

If it matters, there was a family right next to me (mother with 2 kids) who were watching all these naked people walk/run by which is why I'm wondering if stuff like this actually violates the TOS.

Also, is butt nudity ok? i.e. if the pic is of an nude person, but from the back (I've got a couple from the Olympic Torch protest/support in SF. They had been planning on running behind the torch, except the torch went up a different route). Again, I doubt these pics would actually arouse.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    The answer is, it depends. They are probably fine, if you wish, email our Support Heroes and we'll have a look.

If you put it in an unlisted gallery with SmugIslands set to 'no' that'd be nice, too.
  • DracilDracil Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    The answer is, it depends. They are probably fine, if you wish, email our Support Heroes and we'll have a look.

If you put it in an unlisted gallery with SmugIslands set to 'no' that'd be nice, too.

Ah, I guess that's a gotcha then, if I need to set SmugIslands to no to include those photos. In that case, I'll probably just not upload them and save everyone the trouble. :)