Scottish Jealousy

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited May 27, 2008 in Landscapes
I am so jealous of you guys that went to Scotland it has prompted me to start posting local Norfolk shots in the hope that I can get good enough eventually to rival the best - some aspiration eh? But what have I got to lose except my pride - and I lost that years ago!:dunno :wink

(yup I know the horizon's not quite straight:rolleyes - having a degree of astigmatism is poo, I think I'll have to get one of those VFs with a grid:wink )
301211658_cmztM-XL.jpg
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    An Oasis?
    Nice positioning the sun over the water!

Don't worry I am just as jealous about the Scotland trip as you are. :cry
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Emmanuel CoupeEmmanuel Coupe Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    You took an ordinary scene and turned it to a moody photograph.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    The b&w rendering is very good minus some over exposure of the sun, I find the dark line in the horizon woks particularly well leading the way to a gradient of light that becomes brighter as it reaches the lower limits of the composition.<o:p></o:p>
    For my personal taste I don’t like the footsteps patterns in the sand but that is just me.<o:p></o:p>
    Good example of how light can make an image work.
    www.emmanuelcoupe.com

"Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. We did not weave the web of life; We are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselvs.." Chief Seattle
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    You took an ordinary scene and turned it to a moody photograph.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    The b&w rendering is very good minus some over exposure of the sun, I find the dark line in the horizon woks particularly well leading the way to a gradient of light that becomes brighter as it reaches the lower limits of the composition.<o:p></o:p>
    For my personal taste I don’t like the footsteps patterns in the sand but that is just me.<o:p></o:p>
    Good example of how light can make an image work.

thankls - I dodn't like the footsteps either but there were a lot of them about!

I had intended to stop down to f22 in all my shots where the sun is in the frame but accidenatlly shot this at f16, I was probably too intent ofn checking that the hyperfocal distance was in range and forgot about the f22 for the sun as I try to stay away from extreme ftops as I like as much resolution as possible

The sun is burned out though - not sure what I coul d have done about that in such a composition- any ideas?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..