Options

Manuel Librodo Post Processing Technique

Photon-PainterPhoton-Painter Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 28, 2008 in Finishing School
Does anyone know how to get this kind of result? Thanks!

http://www.pbase.com/manny_librodo/image/92241240

Comments

• Options
    LovesongLovesong Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    The over-sharpening (and what appears to be grunge) is similar to some of the work of Andrej Dragan (site), sans the weird eyes.

I think you can get a similar effect by using High Pass sharpening (or over-sharpening), as described here (though this may also produce softer textures).
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    Lovesong wrote:
    The over-sharpening (and what appears to be grunge) is similar to some of the work of Andrej Dragan (site), sans the weird eyes.

I think you can get a similar effect by using High Pass sharpening (or over-sharpening), as described here (though this may also produce softer textures).

Looks like selective bluring too, as the transition from the bkgnd near the nose could have been a bit better blended.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    cbcortezcbcortez Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Manny
    ahhh..manny's photos.

i attended a seminar under him before....he really didnt teach us his workflow which was what we signed up for primarily.

he gives out personal tutorials, of course you have to pay for it hehe......

im from the philippines by the way if you guys are wondering how i was able to get into a seminar under him.
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2008
    cbcortez wrote:
    ahhh..manny's photos.

i attended a seminar under him before....he really didnt teach us his workflow which was what we signed up for primarily.

he gives out personal tutorials, of course you have to pay for it hehe......

im from the philippines by the way if you guys are wondering how i was able to get into a seminar under him.

Hi, quite interested to know what Manny is actually sharing in his workshops/seminars. Do you mind sharing with us what you've learnt? Thanks!
  • Options
    rebecca-vtrebecca-vt Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2008
    I just discovered his work a few days ago! It's incredible. I am just in awe of his post processing technique.

I *wish* I could tell you how he did it.
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2008
    rebecca-vt wrote:
    I just discovered his work a few days ago! It's incredible. I am just in awe of his post processing technique.

I *wish* I could tell you how he did it.

Rebecca, I've just visited your site and woa! What a nice site you have there! thumb.gif