Options

Graduate of a different sort....10 pics

ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited May 29, 2008 in People
My 5 year old daughter Riley, graduated Kindegarten yesterday. I decided that before the ceremony, she deserved her own little photo shoot to remember her big day. All these and then some in under 10 minutes! I thought I'd share her special moment, and modeling debut (as she really believes....they grow up too fast)...lol. As always c/c is welcome.

1) IMG_0886%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

2)IMG_0889%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

3)IMG_0896%20copy%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

4)IMG_0897%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

5)IMG_0898%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

6)Closeup.jpg?imgmax=512

7)IMG_0901%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

8)IMG_0902%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

9)IMG_0905%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

10)IMG_0909%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512
Shannon :D
Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
www.heatonphotography.net
http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
www.myspace.com/heatonphotography

Comments

• Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    did she grow up so fast that she up and grew out of this thread - I guess that's a plausible explanation as to why there's no picture rolleyes1.gif

can't wait to see it.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Haha...oops, I forgot to attach the pics...lol.rolleyes1.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Comments....critiques....anything...anyone?
  • Options
    WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif at forgetting to embed the pics. I've only done that a time or twelve.
    Comments....critiques....anything...anyone?

She is a very cute little girl. You should be a proud mom!

As far as critiquing, what lens and what aperture/shutter speed were some shot at? I can't tell if it's camera shake, wide open softness, or focus not hitting her eyes but they don't look as sharp as I'd like. They could also benefit from a little bit of fill flash to brighten her face and put bigger catchlights in her eyes. Your sig says you use an xti. I also have one and it loves underexposing. After an "error 99" problem was fixed by canon and a tune up it exposed great for a while, but it's back to where I almost always have to dial in +1/3 to 2/3 a stop to get proper exposures, even in manual. Most of these look underexposed.

Congrats to her on her first modeling gig! I'm sure she'll have more! thumb.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    Aw ... I LOVE the lat one, very cute!! iloveyou.gif Nice series. Looks like she's aspiring a model career mwink.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    I am unfortunately on an uncalibrated monitor right now so....we skip the critique!!!

But...hats off to you for making this lovely young lady feel special by marking her achievement with her very own photoshoot. You will both cherish these in the years to come. I guarantee that!!

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    I agree with the focusing and exposure already stated. Aside from that these are darling pictures of a beautiful girl on her special day. To be treasured.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    Thank you all for your comments. I am a proud and doding mama:D. For some reason my camera does tend to shoot a bit soft and underexposed, and I also posted these with minimal processing, so I'll try bumping up the exposure a bit. Anyone have any suggestions to sharpen them up a little, or do you think they're okay to go ahead and put in her collage this way? I just want them to be perfect for her as a keepsake.

Thanks!