Pretty in Green

ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited May 28, 2008 in People
A picture from my daugther kind enough to pose. I am learning about portraiture, this is so complex and full of details. Any feedback? JY

302640407_rSX2V-L.jpg

Comments

• ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Any comments?

Cheers - JY
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Lovely model.
    Soft focus treatment is pretty but there is too much green tinge in her face, particularly obvious in circled areas. There are also a couple of blown out areas on her forehead, cheek and chin.

greenywe2.jpg
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback, I shot with a flash boucing off green walls on purpose but I guess that it rendered the image too green! The highlights are far from being blown out on the histogram but the lighter tones on the forehead and the chin might not work? Does the key light too strong?

Cheers - JY
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    ifocus wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback, I shot with a flash boucing off green walls on purpose but I guess that it rendered the image too green! The highlights are far from being blown out on the histogram but the lighter tones on the forehead and the chin might not work? Does the key light too strong?

Cheers - JY

You're probably right that the light areas aren't completely burnt but the lack of detail makes them look that way.
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    This shot looks way too blurred and plastic looking on her skin. If you're getting into portraits, you'll definitely want a more realistic looking post-processing/filter technique. Remember-- portraits should look like the people you're photographing-- not all glammed over. :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+