Local band makes the main stage!!!!!!!!!

theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited June 1, 2008 in People
These pictures were taken at the Paramount Arts Center in Ashland, KY. Ashland is a city of about 25,000 People and the Paramount is by far it's largest theater with a capacity of a little over 1300 people. The band in the photographs has been playing in and around the Ashland area for about 10 years and have a pretty decent following in the area; however, this was their first time headlining the Paramount.
Last year they played a small tour in the Outer Banks and they will be embarking on a much larger tour this Summer. You can check them out on myspace if you are into good music, and if you like them they may just be in a town near you! :D
Sorry for the shameless plug there, this is actually my first attempt at capturing the band in a live environment and I ask that you keep in mind that I only had the kit lens for my 40D....I'm saving for a prime and I wouldn't mind having a constant aperture zoom, but it might be a while for that :cry . C & C Welcome.

DPP_0003.jpg

DPP_0024.jpg

DPP_0047.jpg

DPP_0051.jpg

DPP_0053.jpg

DPP_0054.jpg

DPP_0059.jpg

DPP_0062.jpg

DPP_0072.jpg

DPP_0028.jpg

DPP_0033.jpg

DPP_0036.jpg
Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"

Comments

• theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    The art of bumpographyrolleyes1.gif No c&c? I know these shots aren't that good. :D
    Shane

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    If you keep sjooting such events it will get easier to get more shots in focus:D

My only C&C is that you omited the name of the band....how can I chek dem out on mespace wit no name man.................................... rolleyes1.gifand music genre
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited May 31, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    If you keep sjooting such events it will get easier to get more shots in focus:D

My only C&C is that you omited the name of the band....how can I chek dem out on mespace wit no name man.................................... rolleyes1.gifand music genre

Oooops! :D I promise I had all intentions of naming the band. They are called the Genuine Junk Band....as far as genre's go I guess these days you would classify them as a "jam" band. Think elements of The Grateful Dead and Phish with a female vocalist (obviously) and you will start to get the idea. They are really very talented.
    Shane

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 31, 2008
    Oooops! :D I promise I had all intentions of naming the band. They are called the Genuine Junk Band....as far as genre's go I guess these days you would classify them as a "jam" band. Think elements of The Grateful Dead and Phish with a female vocalist (obviously) and you will start to get the idea. They are really very talented.

Is that a 9 string guitar? eek7.gif Don't think I've ever seen one of those before.
    edited June 1, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Is that a 9 string guitar? eek7.gif Don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

It's actually a six string. I believe the bottom three just redirect the strings to the actual tuning keys....it's a custom guitar from somewhere overseas. I have never seen another one like it.
    Shane

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 1, 2008
    It's actually a six string. I believe the bottom three just redirect the strings to the actual tuning keys....it's a custom guitar from somewhere overseas. I have never seen another one like it.

Oh, I get it now. You would have to do that with the unusual head shape. I was really hung up wonder how the hell you would tune it. Not to mention play it. :D