Arrange Mode. How does it work?

cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited May 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Trying to arrange some photos in a new gallery. When I get everything arranged and go back to gallery everything is as it was before. Am I missing something? I noticed "position" is no longer available. The ability to simply arrange photos seems so freaking simple that I can't believe that I have to ask how to do it! I shoot with two cameras and and I did not synchronize the time but I figured I could simply move photos forward or back if there was a discrepancy. Nope, can't easily do it. Unless of course I'm missing something. :scratch
My Pictures : My Gear
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage

Comments

• chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    If you are trying to drag and drop your photos to arrange them, your order is likely being overridden by the settings in the Sort section in your customization settings for that gallery. Set the sort order to "None" and your photos will stay put.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Thank you Chuck. I tried that last night and it just seemed to shuffle all the photos around. This time it worked great! thumb.gif
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    If you are trying to drag and drop your photos to arrange them, your order is likely being overridden by the settings in the Sort section in your customization settings for that gallery. Set the sort order to "None" and your photos will stay put.

Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves about the Smugmug UI. The very first item in this thread describes this exact problem. I hope Smugmug fixes this. It should "just work" without an explanation on dgrin required.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question