A few from my garden

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited May 29, 2008 in Holy Macro
Here are a few recent images from my garden. Hope you enjoy them.
I'm not sure whether this type of framing adds to or detracts from the image (particularly the first two)
Critique/comments welcome.

302527479_HPi4c-XL.jpg

301825400_LmZyh-L.jpg

302696266_SbHav-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Here are a few recent images from my garden. Hope you enjoy them.
    I'm not sure whether this type of framing adds to or detracts from the image (particularly the first two)
    Critique/comments welcome.

Very pretty collection Jack ... I don't have a garden, mostly because I don't want to look after one.

I do have quite a few Australian Natives, and I've planted a heap of bulbs in pots, but I suck at trying to raise them.

I have my fingers crossed that this Spring I will have some pretty flowers to photograph, surely one out of the 100 + I have in will gimme a flower??

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Not mad on the frames but rather like #1

Brian V.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Very pretty collection Jack ... I don't have a garden, mostly because I don't want to look after one.

I do have quite a few Australian Natives, and I've planted a heap of bulbs in pots, but I suck at trying to raise them.

I have my fingers crossed that this Spring I will have some pretty flowers to photograph, surely one out of the 100 + I have in will gimme a flower??

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks for the nice comments Skippy. I look forward to seeing some of your indigenous plants.

Jack
    edited May 29, 2008
    Not mad on the frames but rather like #1

Brian V.

Thanks for the input re the frames. This was an experiment using two colors from the image to create a frame and I'm not so sure I will go any further with it. rolleyes1.gif

Jack
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    I like the frame in #1, the others are fine not anything amazing. I do like the shadows on the flower in the last one, nice. thumb.gif
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
    edited May 29, 2008
    JavaLover wrote:
    I like the frame in #1, the others are fine not anything amazing. I do like the shadows on the flower in the last one, nice. thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback Javalover. I think the shocking pink fram takes the eye away from the flowers. I'm going to post it frameless.

Jack
    edited May 29, 2008
    Here's the second image from above without a frame. It also has a curves adjustment and a little usm.

303662246_Lb3Es-L.jpg

Jack
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback Javalover. I think the shocking pink fram takes the eye away from the flowers. I'm going to post it frameless.

You are right it does. Funny though because in the first photo I think the frame and flower color balance and doesn't detract from the photo.
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
    edited May 29, 2008
    JavaLover wrote:
    You are right it does. Funny though because in the first photo I think the frame and flower color balance and doesn't detract from the photo.

Thanks for that observation. I think the lesson is to use the lighter color sparingly and the darker color for the bulk of the frame.

Jack