Joyful

dunnerdunner Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited May 28, 2008 in People
I was shooting my son's lacrosse game on the weekend and got this one of my daughter running on the sidelines. I was using my 70-200 2.8 Sigma. I forget sometimes what a great portrait lens this can be sometimes. My focus was a little off (she caught me by surprise) but for a Dad ... it's a keeper.

302456281_v4i4R-S.jpg
Kevin
Peterborough, Ontario

www.kevindunn.smugmug.com

Comments

• Kevin GKevin G Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    dunner wrote:
    I was shooting my son's lacrosse game on the weekend and got this one of my daughter running on the sidelines. I was using my 70-200 2.8 Sigma. I forget sometimes what a great portrait lens this can be sometimes. My focus was a little off (she caught me by surprise) but for a Dad ... it's a keeper.

302456281_v4i4R-S.jpg

70-200 is a great lens for portraits. I think what makes this shot great is the late evening or early morning sunlight that's hitting her face nicely and leaving relatively soft shadows.

The people in the background kinda ruin the background, but I still like it. I think you need to pump some saturation into it and maybe a little more contrast.
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Very nice shot ... what a cutie!
    LadyTX
  • dunnerdunner Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Kevin G wrote:
    70-200 is a great lens for portraits. I think what makes this shot great is the late evening or early morning sunlight that's hitting her face nicely and leaving relatively soft shadows.

The people in the background kinda ruin the background, but I still like it. I think you need to pump some saturation into it and maybe a little more contrast.

You're right. It's too bad about the background but that late afternoon sun really made for some great pictures. I'll work on the saturation and contrast to see what I can do. Thanks.
    Kevin
    Peterborough, Ontario

• dunnerdunner Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Very nice shot ... what a cutie!
    It's great to have a ready-made model at hand at all times!
    Kevin
    Peterborough, Ontario