Options

WTB: Holga

darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
edited May 30, 2008 in The Other Guys
I want to do an experiment at customizing a Holga. So, if you have one that you don't use and don't want, let me know. It doesn't even need to work, but it does need to have all the parts - though I don't know how it would not work if it has all the parts.

Anyhow, I don't care what model it is - a model with the flash would be great but I'll work with other models as well.

Not interested in any other Lomo camera, just a Holga for this project.

Lookin for somethin cheap cheap cheap, since I might end up ruining it by accident :cry and the new ones are pretty cheap to begin with.
~ Lisa

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    here is alink to the MOTHER LOAD OF HOLGAS......
    FREESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHIC SUPPLIES ...........i used to buy my film from them at greatly reduced prices compared to my local photo supply stores or even Walmart on 35mm consumer grade Fuji neg and slide film...

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 28, 2008
    Thanks for the link, i'll keep that in mind for supplies. I have a Holga right now, top of the line! I just want a cheap one to do a project with, hoping maybe somone here got one because they thought it would be fun but then decided that shooting film is too expensive mwink.gif

great prices on film at that link. awesome.

Or am I totally missing the "used and cheap" section?
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    How about this one: http://www.samys.com/product_detail.php?item=4893

Isn't "Holga" and "Cheap" redundant? That's a big part of the attraction. So out of curiosity, what's the experiment? deal.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    How about this one: http://www.samys.com/product_detail.php?item=4893

Isn't "Holga" and "Cheap" redundant? That's a big part of the attraction. So out of curiosity, what's the experiment? deal.gif

That's regular price.

When I say cheap, I mean like $10 - thats why i was saying used is fine, not working is fine.

Basically I'm going to take it appart completely and paint it. however, I dont want to take appart mine that I use because if I mess it up or cant it back together I would be out a camera.

If I can't find anyone who would rather sell it to me for $10 instead of give it to goodwill or throw it away, I will most likely end up getting a new one.
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Yep that link was. I assume you're getting a little more thorough than the Holgamods colored Holga option.

It seems the silly cmaera is becoming a victim of it's own success, Samy's is the only place I can still see that has it near $20 (I paid $17 in store last year). Lots of greedy places have it for $40+ now. Sheesh.

Good luck in your search. I'm keeping mine. :D