Options

PhotoImpact

MerrickMerrick Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited May 29, 2008 in Finishing School
Help!!! :dunno I am new to the whol digital darkroom thing and have a copy of photoimpact that I have been tryinf to use to edit my pics. I am definately not electronically inclined because I am having a hell of a time getting it all figured out. Can somone point me in the right direction to an online tutorial or website that can provide assistance to the newbie?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited May 28, 2008
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    It would be useful to know what your plans are for learning digital workflow and editing. What gear do you use or would like to use? The reason I ask is that on many photography forums the majority of active users use Photoshop. This does not mean you should switch and this does not mean that PhotoImpact isn't a good product. It is a good product and has a much easier learning curve than Photoshop.

As for PhotoImpact...have you tried any included tutorials? Check the CD/DVDs that came with the package? Have you tried their website?

Take small steps and become proficient in a tool or task one at a time.
  • Options
    MerrickMerrick Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2008
    Thank you for your assistance. I am currently using a kodak z710 I have all the filters as well as a telephoto, wide, and several macro lenses. I got photo impact because I had been told that it was more user friendly than PS. I will google ( I am not sure why that didn't previously come to mind ) and try to get familiar with one feature at a time. Thanks againmwink.gif