Whatcha think?
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."

Comments

• Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    no comments...
    does that mean these shots aren't good?

Anitya means impermanence. I thought the building crumbling to give away to plant life which constantly changes as well was a good visualization of the concept of impermanence. I like the shots and the pp but am wondering if anyone else does...or doesn't. Thanks.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 29, 2008
    Karrie McD wrote:
    does that mean these shots aren't good?

Anitya means impermanence. I thought the building crumbling to give away to plant life which constantly changes as well was a good visualization of the concept of impermanence. I like the shots and the pp but am wondering if anyone else does...or doesn't. Thanks.

I'm not too crazy about the composition of the first one, to be honest. Perhaps shooting the same thing from a different angle would help, or getting in closer to the crack so that the depth shows. ne_nau.gif The second is better, but since I am not a huge fan of selective color, I think I would like to see a full-color version of it. Sorry if this all sounds negative. I suspect there are many great shots just waiting to happen in that setting, so I would go back and shoot a lot more.
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I'm not too crazy about the composition of the first one, to be honest. Perhaps shooting the same thing from a different angle would help, or getting in closer to the crack so that the depth shows. ne_nau.gif The second is better, but since I am not a huge fan of selective color, I think I would like to see a full-color version of it. Sorry if this all sounds negative. I suspect there are many great shots just waiting to happen in that setting, so I would go back and shoot a lot more.

Nope, not negative...helpful! Thanks!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Karrie McD wrote:

Whatcha think?

That is one huge crack in the wall, I'd be a little weary of being around it,
    doesn't look safe?

I prefer the second shot, I like selective colouring.
    I'm agreeing with Richard in saying that location looks like it is full of wonderful photo opportunities, and if you are in a position to go back there go :D

Thanks for sharing Karrie thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Karrie, personally I think both shots are fine as is. I think you spent a great
    deal of time thinking out either one and they are nice. I like the slight forced
    perspective and comp of #1 and where you have placed everything in frame.
    Sweet.
    Comp of #2 is also thoughtful. Selective coloring mostly doesn't look it
    against the blocks of grey brick. Slight hot green in only one spot I can see.
    There might be a B&W issue in #2 but I am no expert on finish.

Thats my 5 cents. Mostly. :D Michael
    Michael