Still more girl's lax...

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited May 29, 2008 in Sports
Been busy lately--but with the holiday weekend, between going to the NCAA women's championship and watching the men's tournament on tv, I got the chance to take some of my daughter's team in a scrimmage on a beautiful morning. The sun was real bright and I overall I wasn't crazy with many of the exposures. Also, one team was wearing a bright green and the other a darker green--not a so great for the players or the photographers. However, here are a few that I was somewhat satisfied with...

303192118_JpWzi-L.jpg

303187355_PAW3B-L.jpg

303187656_BTUAx-L.jpg

303192102_pbyFH-L.jpg

Still, overall I wasn't totally happy with these. Any suggestions for dealing with bright, mid-day sunlight and the shadows?
Regards

Will

Comments

• ightenhillightenhill Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    My fave has to be the first very dramatic and sharp although the background seems to have a lot of post noise.. Did one of the teams forget the away kit?
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    ightenhill wrote:
    My fave has to be the first very dramatic and sharp although the background seems to have a lot of post noise..

Thanks--yes it does have a bit of noise. This is a combination from having cropped it relatively close, sharpening, and not running through a noise filter. Here is the original, (but I liked the closer crop):

303192080_d42Hr-S.jpg

And here the cropped version after noise reduction...

303702228_dj5Rk-L.jpg

I really liked that she was using an "old-school" stick.

This was just a pre-season scrimmage, just don't think they thought about home/away "kits" until they got to the field...
    Regards

Will
    I wish there was more LAX in my hood. Though I Just noticed a LAX equipment
    store going in.

Anyhow, shots look good. Crisp. Nice action. Well lit.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?