Options

Underground Mine Shot of Boom Lift

LensCapLensCap Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited May 31, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Yes they have boom lifts underground :D . I recently rebuilt this machine (except for painting, which I REALLY wanted to do) at a Zinc Mine underneath Jefferson City, TN. Shot with D40 and SB-400 and kit lens. Very tough shooting conditions! C&C welcome, but I already know the colors don't match on the yellow strokes (the actual print does not have the outer one, but I think it looks better on the web with it). Thanks for looking!

303259507_b4K2d-L.jpg
Randy Sartin
http://sartinphoto.com

Nikon Stuff (not that it really matters)

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    I like it, including the one bit of red graffiti.

thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    I like this image a lot. There are nice leading lines and the colors are good!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    Don,
    The graffiti is actually (usually) precisely placed instructions from geologists and foremen showing folks where to drill or scale or whatever...I removed a few sections of it though.

Karrie,
    Yep, I got lucky for once!

Thanks for looking!
    Randy Sartin

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    LensCap wrote:
    Yes they have boom lifts underground :D . I recently rebuilt this machine (except for painting, which I REALLY wanted to do) at a Zinc Mine underneath Jefferson City, TN. Shot with D40 and SB-400 and kit lens. Very tough shooting conditions! C&C welcome, but I already know the colors don't match on the yellow strokes (the actual print does not have the outer one, but I think it looks better on the web with it). Thanks for looking!

Ahhhhhh now this one shows more of your underground work.
    Funny how this shot looks bigger in perspective than the PANO you posted.

I like this shot Lenscap nod.gif that would be a nice one for the Company too.
    Well Done! thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Very nice shot. Good work! thumb.gifthumb.gif Maybe the boss can buy a large print and put it up in an office or the lunchroom. mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    very good work....FANTASTIC SHOT...even like the
    yellow mat linesthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifclapclap.gifclap OH YEAAAH!!!!!

I am waiting for reply emaiL from the former Carey Salt mine in Hutchinson Ks as to if I may take photos while on tour of the Museum....there is a secured area that has old Hollywood Master films and tv shows and clothing in it and it is of course not open to the public.....hope to get a positive reply.

Once again....FANTASTIC SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!wings.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Colors look good to me. Fine shot. thumb.gif Selective coloring without really having to do it.

Grease in one hand and camera in the other. :D

U B careful down there. bowdown.gif Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2008
    Golly Guys, Thanks a Ton! Trying to build this into something and I got to shoot for several hours the other day in some older/WAY bigger sections of the mine. It's a real challenge down there and I have finally decided to go with a bunch of Vivitar 285's with radio triggers. They are very impressed with what they've seen so far so I'm working my you know what off trying to figure everything out. Again, many thanks for the kind words, means a lot to me from you guys. Oh yeah, here is what I started with, pretty sad huh?

304420291_b4wwz-M.jpg303259507_b4K2d-M.jpg
    Randy Sartin