motion blur

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited May 29, 2008 in People
My brother took my step son out for a spin on his Harley on a recent trip. I added a little motion blur for effect. CC welcome.

303142709_jbQ27-M.jpg

Comments

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Molsondog wrote:
    I hope for everyone's sake that the entire family is severely reprimanded for not putting a helmet on that young man. Shameful ignorance.

I don't know if this helps, but he is only driving 5 - 10 MPH around the parking lot of my parents appartment.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    My brother took my step son out for a spin on his Harley on a recent trip. I added a little motion blur for effect. CC welcome.
    Nice photo ... but ...

:soapbox
    Road rash is a b1tch! To say nothing of the risk of more permanent damage.

As a former instructor for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and for the State of New Mexico, I have to say that putting a child on the back of a motorcycle is criminal. Even more so without proper protective clothing. The fact that it was just a short spin does not diminish just how wrong this is. Neither does the speed of the spin.

</soapbox>
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    I agree on the helmet thing, it sets a bad example even if the chance of injury is minimal. In my younger days I used to race bicycles, and some of the worst injuries I've seen happened at walking speed, without helmets.

The pic looks nice...not looking at it big, but the masking looks pretty tight. It might be a little too much for real, but I doubt you are going for real.
    edited May 29, 2008
    Blurmore wrote:
    I agree on the helmet thing, it sets a bad example even if the chance of injury is minimal. In my younger days I used to race bicycles, and some of the worst injuries I've seen happened at walking speed, without helmets.

The pic looks nice...not looking at it big, but the masking looks pretty tight. It might be a little too much for real, but I doubt you are going for real.

Not going for real. Note the spokes a stopped by the fill flash. I didn't radial blur them.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 29, 2008
    It might be more convincing without the leading shadow of the front wheel. Just speculating...
    edited May 29, 2008
    Nice photo ... but ...

:soapbox
    Road rash is a b1tch! To say nothing of the risk of more permanent damage.

As a former instructor for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and for the State of New Mexico, I have to say that putting a child on the back of a motorcycle is criminal. Even more so without proper protective clothing. The fact that it was just a short spin does not diminish just how wrong this is. Neither does the speed of the spin.

</SOAPBOX>

You used to live in New Mexico? I live in Las Cruces.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Nice effect, Josh! thumb.gif