Problems with others seeing galleries....

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited May 31, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have several clients that cannot view smugmug galleries. The ones that cannot view in smugmug style...CAN see it in slideshow style. The ones that cannot see it in slideshow style...CAN see it in smugmug style?

Whats up with that? How can I make it so EVERYONE can see the galleries at the same time. As it is now...I have to change it several times a week and enourage people to check back just so they can see them.

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 30, 2008
    ne_nau.gif no ideas why this is happening?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    ne_nau.gif no ideas why this is happening?
    JAG, our help desk gives answers immediately. Here on the forum, it's community driven and the replies can be longer.

Can be a number of things: work location blocking images; work location blocking javascript; work location blocking flash. Home location with firewall or other software doing any of the above.

Can you give us exact specifics? Browser used, location (home/work), any firewall or security software (if so, which?), and which gallery of yours?

Your site is performing perfectly for me, ie6, ie7, FF and Safari.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 31, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    JAG, our help desk gives answers immediately. Here on the forum, it's community driven and the replies can be longer.

Can be a number of things: work location blocking images; work location blocking javascript; work location blocking flash. Home location with firewall or other software doing any of the above.

Can you give us exact specifics? Browser used, location (home/work), any firewall or security software (if so, which?), and which gallery of yours?

Your site is performing perfectly for me, ie6, ie7, FF and Safari.

Thanks Andy. I have emailed 2 of the people who have had problems to see exactly what browsers and location and firwall/security they are using. I do know that I was present with a 3rd client who tried to access from a school. She used IE6 and the schools firewall was not blocking because even though we could access the homepage...we could not open the galleries page and we could go to a different computer hooked to the same server in the building and it was able to view the galleries.

My mother in law is another who is unable to view them on her personal computer.

So if 4 people are having problems viewing...I wonder how many more are not able to view the galleries (all of them). I will let you know what I learn from the other two.