The City at Night

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited May 31, 2008 in Landscapes
I know this is a classic image that has almost become cliché, but the view of the Golden Gate Bridge at night still has the ability to take my breath away.

302820100_8c6Yh-XL-4.jpg

I took two people up to the Battery Spencer at the Marin Headlands on a windy day for a sunset shoot. I felt slightly sorry for the guys since they weren't prepared for the cold temps or the wind on the hill and I was freezing even with three layers of clothes on while one person was in shorts.

And we stayed there for about three hours, waited while mother nature performed her magic on the sky while the fog slowly rolled in and ate the world around us.

This was the last frame of the night....

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    I know this is a classic image that has almost become cliché, but the view of the Golden Gate Bridge at night still has the ability to take my breath away.

I took two people up to the Battery Spencer at the Marin Headlands on a windy day for a sunset shoot. I felt slightly sorry for the guys since they weren't prepared for the cold temps or the wind on the hill and I was freezing even with three layers of clothes on while one person was in shorts.

And we stayed there for about three hours, waited while mother nature performed her magic on the sky while the fog slowly rolled in and ate the world around us.

This was the last frame of the night....

Beautiful shot April clap.gif Love the reflection in the water.
    She's a magnificent sight the Ole Golden Gate Bridge.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    I really like the light reflections in the water under the bridge!! Almost like writing on the surface of the water. clap.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    She's a magnificent sight the Ole Golden Gate Bridge.
    :D

Yes she is indeed.

I have to thank you for the photo. Even though I lived here for eight years, it was your visit brought me to the bridge. In the years before your visit, I never once went there.

Since then, i've been here a few more times :-)
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    I really like the light reflections in the water under the bridge!! Almost like writing on the surface of the water. clap.gif

Thanks so much for the kind words! The reflections off the water is what drew me into the photo.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    April I love this shot. I always find it difficult to feel the cold that whips right through this area but if I think hard enough I can remember it. lol3.gif

The reflection of the water is keen, yeah, but what I love most about this is the color of the sky and th eline of clouds over the downtown area. What an amazing place! Sigh.

thumb.gifthumb