Moving Photos - Very Slow!

NelsonChenPhotographyNelsonChenPhotography Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited May 31, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I move photos from one gallery to another, it can take a while. Sometimes it would be faster to upload from scratch with a fast Internet connection than to move existing photos from another gallery on Smugmug.

Is this normal?

Is there a better way to move photos?

Comments

• gwilliams99gwilliams99 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 30, 2008
    I can't believe you can't get an official response from a SmugMug representative on this.

I've experienced the same issues well. I fact it caused me to try and find an alternative to Smugmug. Unfortunately all the other sites I tried suffered from their on issues and I decided to just tough it out with Smugmug.

It continues to frustrate me with how long it takes to arrange/move photos. While it is quicker to arrange/move them than re-uploading them it still takes far longer to accomplish this task than it should.
    When I move photos from one gallery to another, it can take a while. Sometimes it would be faster to upload from scratch with a fast Internet connection than to move existing photos from another gallery on Smugmug.

Is this normal?

Is there a better way to move photos?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    I can't believe you can't get an official response from a SmugMug representative on this.

I've experienced the same issues well. I fact it caused me to try and find an alternative to Smugmug. Unfortunately all the other sites I tried suffered from their on issues and I decided to just tough it out with Smugmug.

It continues to frustrate me with how long it takes to arrange/move photos. While it is quicker to arrange/move them than re-uploading them it still takes far longer to accomplish this task than it should.
    While not as long
    Hey, once in a while we can miss a posting here on the community forums. Write to our Support Hereos and we answer immediately without fail :D

Sorry for the delay!

To you and the OP... It's not normal at all - we can help, we'd like to do some diagnostic tools, please write our help desk (link above) and give details on from gallery, to gallery and browser used, okay?

We'll start from there.

Thanks!
  • battsbatts Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    I have had problems moving photos also, but it relates more to moving many photos from a large gallery or 800+ photos to another gallery. Is this the problem you are having? I've never had any problems of slowness when moving a few photos here and there, just when working with large galleries, and yes it is very frustrating. There are a few other posts that mention they are working on making it better when moving photos around from large galleries. I have avoided making large galleries and moving photos because of this issue, so I can't comment on if it has been fixed.

Here's one
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=91923