Bookworm...

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited May 31, 2008 in People
She really isn't, but she did find a series that she loved. With the wedding coming up, I wanted to try out a new idea that I had for a make-shift diffuser since my inflatable one was a bust:rofl

303772138_U26EW-M.jpg

303772810_M6QAi-M.jpg

303766575_39y8W-M.jpg

303769873_SqN8u-M.jpg

Comments

• blaue_Augenblaue_Augen Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 30, 2008
    I especially like the first and last. She's beautiful.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Looks like the diffuser is working fine Julie :D I love the light on the last two. A wedding you say??? What fun. Hope things go real well for you.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Looks like the diffuser is working fine Julie :D I love the light on the last two. A wedding you say??? What fun. Hope things go real well for you.

I'm nervous as all get out, but I've been rehearsing shots in my mind forever it seems. I'm going to the rehearsal tonight to get a "lay of the land". It's being held outside which works in my favor since I don't have a portrait lens and am unsure of myself in a indoor setting. The diffuser that I made will work well for the reception, I feel. I know I'm not up to the experience level that some on here are, but we all have to start somewhere and the bride and groom know this is my first wedding and they are good with that. iloveyou.gif

Thanks for your comments, I'm really pleased with these shots
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Nice shots! I really like the series. My daughter is a bookworm, you just gave me an idea. bowdown.gif
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Very nicely done series . Very beautiful daughter also .
    I am particular of the third shot . Very nice !!!
    Being the Dad of 2 daughters , I think I would have yelled if her skirt/shorts were as high as the last shot !!!!!!:nono :nono Laughing.gif
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    WildWally wrote:
    Very nicely done series . Very beautiful daughter also .
    I am particular of the third shot . Very nice !!!
    Being the Dad of 2 daughters , I think I would have yelled if her skirt/shorts were as high as the last shot !!!!!!:nono :nono Laughing.gif

i know she won't be wearing them again
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Hey Julie,

You mentioned posing in a different post so....

I like the last shot here ( as well as the others), but it would have been less cheeky had she crossed her right leg over instead of the left.

Did the diffuser actually "bust"?

You will do fine at the wedding. Can't wait to see them.
    edited May 30, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Hey Julie,

You mentioned posing in a different post so....

I like the last shot here ( as well as the others), but it would have been less cheeky had she crossed her right leg over instead of the left.

Did the diffuser actually "bust"?

You will do fine at the wedding. Can't wait to see them.
    No, it didn't bust, I was just joking. Laughing.gif
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    nice shots. Tell us about that make shift diffuser.
    edited May 31, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    nice shots. Tell us about that make shift diffuser.
    I found one of those fabric "bookcover" type things. It's white, not transparent but very opaque. It's working quite well. I cut it down to size and use a rubberband type thing to secure it. It really is working. I'm leaving in 45 minutes for the wedding, so I'll be posting pictures using it.
  • mbg0333mbg0333 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Good luck! Just remember that the most important tool you have is confidence!

Know you can do it and you will!