Return to Stillwater Farm

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited June 1, 2008 in Landscapes
301968045_h3NPX-L.jpg

Earlier image posted at Ye Olde Barn. THey are now doing renovation work on it and it wont ever look the same!

It did afford me some interior shots, tough.

301956269_Z4Jjs-L.jpg

301959871_JhLhG-L.jpg

301964424_tjsr9-L.jpg

C&C welcome.

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Don, whew that place does need that work in the inside. Not much left there, at least to my eyes. Perhaps a contractor would see it differently? :D

I love old buildings so of course I see a lot of potential in the peeling paint and decay in there, but I'm not feelin' it quite as much in these shots. It's hard to find order in the chaos even in a contained space like an interior. Still, it's great that you were able to document it before it undergoes the major change. In a way that can be worth more than the final selling price of the building lol3.gif
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Don, whew that place does need that work in the inside. Not much left there, at least to my eyes. Perhaps a contractor would see it differently? :D

I love old buildings so of course I see a lot of potential in the peeling paint and decay in there, but I'm not feelin' it quite as much in these shots. It's hard to find order in the chaos even in a contained space like an interior. Still, it's great that you were able to document it before it undergoes the major change. In a way that can be worth more than the final selling price of the building lol3.gif
    Schmoo, thanks for looking. I know they not great shots. Shooting from out side looking in and no lighting set-ups with me. (Don't actually own any, other than ttl flash.)

This is a state own park so the are repairing so as to not loose it completely. No major reno for resale, here!

THis is where I have shot most of the old farm equipment that are noe in this gallery, Stillwater Farm.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • dladla Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Neat subject, I love that area of Central MA... I think I've driven by this place on my way to my favorite brewery.

Is it open to the public for photos?
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    dla wrote:
    Neat subject, I love that area of Central MA... I think I've driven by this place on my way to my favorite brewery.

Is it open to the public for photos?
    The grounds are open to the public. The farm house is open at times (Don't know them, sorry) but the Barn is closed.

A local Boy Scout Troop is involved in the upkeep and maintenance of the place.

Don