Options

Remove "auto/true" dropdown from cart

DotCom EditorDotCom Editor Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited May 30, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Not sure if this belongs here or in the Customization forum...

I'd like to completely remove the Color dropdown from the cart. The average customer has no idea what this is, and frankly, it's nothing they should be concerened with. It's strickly a backroom choice for us to make. The only place this should appear is on our order processing /confirmation page.

Also, when someone hits the Duplicate button, it's because they want the same photo at a different size or merchandise using the same image. But the product (by that I mean the print size) and quantity fields are populated with the same info. Is there any way to default this new line-item to blank or a text placeholder, such as "Select" and default the quantity to blank?

Finally, it would be really cool if Smugmug would display the VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover logos on the cart page to show the forms of payment that are accepted (and others, if there are any).

As always, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    can't remove the auto/true but as a pro you can set proof delay and override as needed:

We very highly recommend our Pros make use of our Proof Delay feature.
    Proof Delay allows you to review the order before it's sent to print,
    make corrections and changes to the cropping as well as auto versus true
    color. Best of all, you have the opportunity to totally replace any
    image that is ordered, with your choice of a replacement, still allowing
    you to adjust the crop and color setting after replacing it. For more
    info on this, please see the links below which would eliminate any
    problems in the future:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/proof-retouch-replace
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Proof+Delay
  • Options
    DotCom EditorDotCom Editor Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Hi Andy,

I do have Proof Delay set for 7 days; though I usually push my orders through in two. I just think "auto/true" is not something the end customer needs to know about or be concerened with. That's OUR job!