Released

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited June 4, 2008 in People
Ok here is my final version of the graduation photo I entered in the "Moving Forward" DGRIN challenge. I certainly appreciate all of you who voted for my photograph in the contest.

If you read along in the contest's critique threads you would have read where I alluded to the fact that this photograph might mean something to my community. Several years ago, our community began the long road of becoming an incorperated city. One of the goals after we became the City of Central, was to gain our freedom from the faltering East Baton Rouge Parish school board. Tired of seeing new schools built across the parish while our own schools were being neglected we began our journey. It was a tough road that had many court sessions and public votes along the way, but we did...in the end... gain independence from the parish school system and form our own. This past school year was the very first for the Central Community School System, and "Released" depicts the inaugural graduating class of 2008. My intentions are for this to hang in the scool board's offices, and I have already been in contact with some of the members to discuss this. I hope that they can see that everything in the photograh...from the hats in the air to all the exhuberant faces...is exactly what they have fought for.

"Released"
306594112_bH2p7-XL.jpg

Comments