Northern California Coast

dladla Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited June 1, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi all, I'm a beginning photographer... thought I'd take a chance, stop lurking, and share a shot I took on the coast of Northern California. It was super windy (30mph++!) so it's a little soft, and I only had a limited time in the area for shots, but I think it came out alright. Any comments/critiques are more than welcome.

302057700_zfQiL-XL.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    Northern California is sooooo beautiful.

I like how you included the beach inland in the photo.....not just looking out to sea :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Hi dia and welcome! wave.gif

From what I have seen so far I love NoCal. I think this shot is lovely, exhibiting the roughness of the coast that is also temperate and inviting. The action in the waves is really key in this image.

The foreground isn't doing too much for me. That hill needs something more to make it really special... maybe a cluster of colorful flowers? lol3.gif Nonetheless wonderful shot, I like the lines of the composition and I hope we see more images from you and the coast soon!
  • dladla Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Thanks for the comments!

Unfortunately, I'm a Bostonian so I won't have many NoCal pictures to share... it is beautiful though, if anyone is up in the Bay Area make it a point to drive north on Highway 1.

And I look forward to posting more and learning from the (much better) photographers on this forum.
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    I love the northern California coast. Now that I have a nifty new camera I will need to go back and visit. However, with your photo I feel like I'm there. Very nice! thumb.gif
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 1, 2008
    The coast is a special place. And different too. Don't like the features? Drive
    a bit either way and it changes :D

Nice pix!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Only "critique" is to shoot it at a different time of day.

Few landscapes shot between 10 AM and 4 PM are worth shooting.