Options

IPTC Keywords with spaces

edmackeedmacke Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited July 12, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Just signed up for SmugMug... and love it!!

My question is: I have IPTC keywords with spaces (e.g. July 4th), will SmugMug interpret that as 1 keyword or 2?

The help file says to use quotes if I want it to be one keyword, but that's only if I'm using SmugMug for keywording. It doesn't specify what happens for IPTC keywords attached to the file.

I know I could try this for myself and see, but quite frankly I'm much too lazy.

Kidding.

Kind of.

Comments

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2008
    well when I use two part key words in Lightroom, such as Notre Dame, and upload to SM, it appears as one keyword in SM: Notre Dame, not Notre, and Dame.

So that suggests it works
  • Options
    edmackeedmacke Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    well when I use two part key words in Lightroom, such as Notre Dame, and upload to SM, it appears as one keyword in SM: Notre Dame, not Notre, and Dame.
    Thanks! I had a chance to try this over the weekend, and this was my experience as well.

One more thing that SmugMug got right!!
  • Options
    dclubinedclubine Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    cmason wrote:

So that suggests it works

What if your keywords in Lightroom were Notre Dame marriage proposal success? If you export them to SM they show up as one keyword. Is there some way to specify in LR that each word should be a separate keyword in SM short of putting every keyword in LR in quotes? I typically add a bunch of keys in LR and they are typically all individual words, hardly ever would I want them to enter SM as a single word. What am I missing? I can see in the example I just gave keying them in LR as "Notre Dame" marriage proposal success and expecting to get 4 keys in SM but what I get is "Notre Dame" and "marriage proposal success". ( I realize in this case the words I chose are lame, just trying to apply what you are discussing here to my situation).
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    dclubine wrote:
    What if your keywords in Lightroom were Notre Dame marriage proposal success? If you export them to SM they show up as one keyword. Is there some way to specify in LR that each word should be a separate keyword in SM short of putting every keyword in LR in quotes? I typically add a bunch of keys in LR and they are typically all individual words, hardly ever would I want them to enter SM as a single word. What am I missing? I can see in the example I just gave keying them in LR as "Notre Dame" marriage proposal success and expecting to get 4 keys in SM but what I get is "Notre Dame" and "marriage proposal success". ( I realize in this case the words I chose are lame, just trying to apply what you are discussing here to my situation).

try comma's between each word
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    dclubinedclubine Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2008
    Thanks a bunch Art. I knew it would be something simple.