Canvas Print Q

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited June 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I want to order some canvas prints, and was wondering if mounted canvas prints can be ordered so the image is not wrapped but only goes to the edge of the canvas? Or is my only option to order it rolled and have it mounted that way myself?
Thanks.
Jonathan

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2008
    Hi, there's no option to have mounted canvas the way you ask, I'm sorry. That's the very definition of a gallery wrap :)

You'd need to order a rolled canvas, and then mount it yourself.

I hope this helps!
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    I'd be curious to hear from anyone that has ordered a canvas print before - were you pleased with the product when it arrived - what size did you order?

Thanks.
    edited June 1, 2008
    I'd be curious to hear from anyone that has ordered a canvas print before - were you pleased with the product when it arrived - what size did you order?

Thanks.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=456689#post456689
  • noeltykaynoeltykay Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    I hate to say it, but I recieved a less than stellar canvas from SmugMug's vendor. The quality was nowhere near what I or my clients expect from SmugMug. It will be one month this Thursday that I recieved the canvas and although the support heroes were on top of things right away I have yet to see the replacement canvas. the sad thing is that the canvas was a gift for a client/friend.
    edited June 2, 2008
    noeltykay wrote:
    I hate to say it, but I recieved a less than stellar canvas from SmugMug's vendor. The quality was nowhere near what I or my clients expect from SmugMug. It will be one month this Thursday that I recieved the canvas and although the support heroes were on top of things right away I have yet to see the replacement canvas. the sad thing is that the canvas was a gift for a client/friend.
    Ah yes but you were refunded in full, given the choice of a new print right away or waiting for a replacement, improved version of the gallery wraps. That's what is coming to you, Noel. And yes, it's taking some time for that but the result will be worth it, I'm certain you'll agree.

Sorry for the delay.
    edited June 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Ah yes but you were refunded in full, given the choice of a new print right away or waiting for a replacement, improved version of the gallery wraps. That's what is coming to you, Noel. And yes, it's taking some time for that but the result will be worth it, I'm certain you'll agree.

Sorry for the delay.

Andy, I am not complaining about the refund...nor am I complaining about the SmugMug support heroes (You, Anne and Markham) quick action to remedy the situation. I did get a refund, I was promised a new canvas, plus a couple of more images in VERY generous sizes. I am just miffed because I thought at least I would have the 11 x 18 by now to give to the client. If my experience helps improve future quality then that is fantastic! Ultimately I would like to offer the canvases on my website to my clients.

PS...I hope you have a very relaxing vacation!
    edited June 2, 2008
    noeltykay wrote:
    Andy, I am not complaining about the refund...nor am I complaining about the SmugMug support heroes (You, Anne and Markham) quick action to remedy the situation. I did get a refund, I was promised a new canvas, plus a couple of more images in VERY generous sizes. I am just miffed because I thought at least I would have the 11 x 18 by now to give to the client. If my experience helps improve future quality then that is fantastic! Ultimately I would like to offer the canvases on my website to my clients.

PS...I hope you have a very relaxing vacation!
    We opted to give EZ some more time because they are working on a much improved version, Noel.
  • Dr. KnowDr. Know Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    New Canvas
    Andy wrote:
    We opted to give EZ some more time because they are working on a much improved version, Noel.

Noel,

We do appreciate your patience with us as it relates to these new products. As you stated, the size of the image is something we are attempting to circumvent. The 11x18 dimension gave us a bit of a barrier to get around as there is content we did not want to crop. In any regard, we have three products shipping out today to you. The first of which is a canvas product that has much thicker canvas bars, as well as our new mounted poster stock product and our framed canvas product.

We do hope that you will give us your honest opinion about these products. The more we hear from professionals such as yourself the better we are as a company, and we appreciate this opportunity for a review.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Know :rutt
    edited June 3, 2008
    Dr. Know wrote:
    Noel,

We do appreciate your patience with us as it relates to these new products. As you stated, the size of the image is something we are attempting to circumvent. The 11x18 dimension gave us a bit of a barrier to get around as there is content we did not want to crop. In any regard, we have three products shipping out today to you. The first of which is a canvas product that has much thicker canvas bars, as well as our new mounted poster stock product and our framed canvas product.

We do hope that you will give us your honest opinion about these products. The more we hear from professionals such as yourself the better we are as a company, and we appreciate this opportunity for a review.

Sincerely,

Thank you very much. I promise to give honest feedback to you. If you would like me to write up a review and send you a PM just let me know. I want you to also know that 99.9% of the products my clients, and I, have ordered from EZ Prints has been perfect! The couple of issues I have had have been resolved immediately...that includes e-mails on Saturday night with answers within minutes from the SmugMug support heroes.

Thanks Dr. Know, Andy, Anne and Markham!