Options

Calling all UK based pro acc holders

silverdigitsilverdigit Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 11, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I am based in the UK and am trialling SM and I think it is great BUT I have one real concern and that is the pricing being in US$. I have done a straw poll and most of the people I asked said that they would not be entirely comfortable dealing in $ as they wouldn't know what they had paid until the currency conversion had been carried out at the point when the card was actually debited.

So is this going to have an adverse affect on my sales - I don't know, so I need the input from some fellow Brits.

I have trawled the forums and can't see another way of giving my potential customers prices in £ sterling. If anyone knows of a way around this without self fullfilment (which I don't want to do) please give me the heads up.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Hi,

I am based in the UK and am trialling SM and I think it is great BUT I have one real concern and that is the pricing being in US$. I have done a straw poll and most of the people I asked said that they would not be entirely comfortable dealing in $ as they wouldn't know what they had paid until the currency conversion had been carried out at the point when the card was actually debited.

So is this going to have an adverse affect on my sales - I don't know, so I need the input from some fellow Brits.

I have trawled the forums and can't see another way of giving my potential customers prices in £ sterling. If anyone knows of a way around this without self fullfilment (which I don't want to do) please give me the heads up.

Thanks

I think it's pretty much a case of divide by two - it's usually pretty closemwink.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008

Thanks
    Nope. No way around it currently.

Join the club !

Andrew
  • Options
    PhotoMarkusPhotoMarkus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    international currencies and print labs ?
    I Simonius wrote:
    I think it's pretty much a case of divide by two - it's usually pretty closemwink.gif
    I think that's not the point. Sure, you know that, I know that, but probably the clients don't know that. And if you think about other currencies, it might become a bit harder to do the conversion.

So, are there any plans for international currencies and ultimately international print labs ?