StatCounter down?

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited June 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
My SmugMug site was crawling for the last few hours but, after removing my StatCounter code, it's back to performing as normal.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    My SmugMug site was crawling for the last few hours but, after removing my StatCounter code, it's back to performing as normal.

Yes, StatCounter is having problems this evening. I can't even get to my statistics right now and the site says they are doing maintenance. It says they are still collecting statistics, but I've seen issues with that too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Yes, StatCounter is having problems this evening.
    Thanks. I thought something was up.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 1, 2008

Statcounter is hosed. My Smugmug site pauses briefly as it waits for the Statcounter call to timeout, but otherwise seems to be OK.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 1, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Statcounter is hosed. My Smugmug site pauses briefly as it waits for the Statcounter call to timeout, but otherwise seems to be OK.
    Now on the Statcounter login screen:
    Due to an outage at The Planet (data center) several of our servers are down and service is limited. We sincerely apologise for this interruption in service. Unfortunately, some stats will be lost during this outage. We continue to work to restore full service and thank you for your patience.

FYI.
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Now on the Statcounter login screen:

FYI.

Interesting to see I am not the only one unable to access Statcounter - also good to know I can find out why right here on D-Grin. :D
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    StatCounter is back up! I restored my code, my SmugMug site performance is not degraded, and stats are appearing again.

clap.gif
  • joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    yes their data center asploded bigtime......

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/01/1715247
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    StatCounter is back up! I restored my code, my SmugMug site performance is not degraded, and stats are appearing again.

clap.gif

Mine is still down. There is a red X where my #'s used to be. Anybody else's still down?
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro