Options

Banner correct on desktop but not on Laptop!

NumenoreanNumenorean Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited June 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Could someone please advise me on this point and a secondary one?

1. My banner is correctly centered and looks fine when I veiw it from my desktop pc in both IE7 and Firefox. However, when I view my site on my laptop, the banner is all the way to the right and extends not even to the center of the monitor. I have no clue as to why or how to fix it.

2. I used the below code which is supposed to display the banner only on the homepage. That is what I want. However,the banner is displaying on all galleries and the code I used was cut and pasted directly from the guide. What could be wrong?

Thanxs

#my_banner {
display: none
width: 750px;
height: 175px;
margin: 0 auto;
background: url(http://Romanse.smugmug.com/photos/304322599_cCiEq-O.jpg) no-repeat;
}
.homepage #my_banner {
display: block;
}

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Numenorean wrote:
    Could someone please advise me on this point and a secondary one?

1. My banner is correctly centered and looks fine when I veiw it from my desktop pc in both IE7 and Firefox. However, when I view my site on my laptop, the banner is all the way to the right and extends not even to the center of the monitor. I have no clue as to why or how to fix it.

2. I used the below code which is supposed to display the banner only on the homepage. That is what I want. However,the banner is displaying on all galleries and the code I used was cut and pasted directly from the guide. What could be wrong?

Thanxs

#my_banner {
    display: none
    width: 750px;
    height: 175px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    background: url(http://Romanse.smugmug.com/photos/304322599_cCiEq-O.jpg) no-repeat;
    }
    .homepage #my_banner {
    display: block;
    }
    You're laptop was actually showing it correctly; You were missing a semi-colon after the first line (display: none). I added it for you, you should be all set thumb.gif

Welcome to Dgrin wave.gif
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    You're laptop was actually showing it correctly; You were missing a semi-colon after the first line (display: none). I added it for you, you should be all set thumb.gif

Laughing.gif - I KNEW it had to be something simple! Thank you so very much for your expert and quick response! I truly appreciate it!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2008
    Uhm...My banner has come back....
    ivar wrote:

Boy do I feel dumb! First, I SWEAR I did not change the code that you fixed! The semi-colon is in place the way it should be. However, when I modified my homepage to include text, slideshow only, when I click the link for my navbar to access the galleries, the banner is back! How can I get rid of it when I didn't change the previous code fix?
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    Numenorean wrote:
    Boy do I feel dumb! First, I SWEAR I did not change the code that you fixed! The semi-colon is in place the way it should be. However, when I modified my homepage to include text, slideshow only, when I click the link for my navbar to access the galleries, the banner is back! How can I get rid of it when I didn't change the previous code fix?
    The code was telling the banner to show on no pages at all, besides the homepage. The gallery page is technically the homepage, also. I added a line of code to not show it on the galleries page thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    The code was telling the banner to show on no pages at all, besides the homepage. The gallery page is technically the homepage, also. I added a line of code to not show it on the galleries page thumb.gif

Ah ha! The ole' "add a line of code" trick! : ) At least it did vaguely occur to me that the problem was due to the fact that the gallery page was a second homepage!

Many thanks again. Now if you can only tell me how I can get my text and slideshow to be side by side rather than vertical, I am sooo good to go its not even funny!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    ivar wrote:

HELP IVAR!!! I don't know what I did but I made my banner disappear entirely!!! The code looks the same as it did when last it worked fine! ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!