Options

Help! Sd Card only reads Bootex

ChclinChclin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 7, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
For some reason, my computer will not read my 2GB AData SD Card. The card is full and all pictures can be seen on my camera which is a Nikon D50. However, when I pop my SD card into either the built-in card reader or my portable card reader the only thing that appears to be on the card is a Bootex icon which basically tells me that I have however many files on the card and so much space left, etc. When I right click on the G: to explore the card, the Bootex icon is all that is in the window! However, I know that the pictures are on the card and desperately want to retrieve them! Is there any way to retrieve them without formatting the card? I suspect that there is a virus on the card as there was one on every other one of my SD cards (I think they were picked up using a Kodak photo printer at Office Max) but I could at least see the pictures on my other cards and save them then reformat the cards. Don't know what to do! Should I take it to a professional? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    MrBook2MrBook2 Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Have you tried this yet?
    What happens if you leave the card in the D50 and plug that into your computer with the USB cable?

--Aaron

http://mrbook2.smugmug.com
    Nikon D200, usually with 18-200VR or 50mm f/1.8D
    Ubuntu 9.04, Bibblepro, GIMP, Argyllcms
    Blog at http://losthighlights.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Before using the card......did you format it in the camera?
    It may be you have a bad card and need a good recovery software to recover the images.......Image Rescue (from Lexar) is really great..recovers both Raw and jpgs at same time....only drawback to some is the change of the numbering system.....but that never bothered me if I could get my images back.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ChclinChclin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 7, 2008
    Thanks for your advice! When I leave the card in my D50 and plug it in via USB cable, the result is the same unfortunately. This image recovery program, is it downloadable?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    Chclin wrote:
    Thanks for your advice! When I leave the card in my D50 and plug it in via USB cable, the result is the same unfortunately. This image recovery program, is it downloadable?
    I do believe they have a download tab on their site....so yu do not have to wait for a disk to arrive.....it is 29.99 but hey that is chaep for software that works for at least 4 brands that I know of and allows you to recover.jpgs,raw aor both at the same time.....
    Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website