Options

Windsurfers....very mild

Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
edited April 14, 2005 in Sports
Hello All,
Well while dodging the rain on Friday afternoon, Andy, Ian and I saw a father son windsurfer duo, heading for the water. Couldn't have asked for a nicer photo op :thumb We alrady shot some soaked birds, now we were going to get soaked humans...lol

It was tough for them to negotiate the little pier and launch ramp area.
19342924-L.jpg

We had to duck down so they could get by :uhoh Finally, they entered the water. But instead of doing some tricks close to us, they headed out towards mid-bay :rolleyes

19342920-L.jpg

So I'm still looking for my first windsurfing action shots :dunno

But, I did get Ian shooting this pair :thumb
19343408-L.jpg

Sports and wildlife all in one day. All and all it was a good one :clap

Thanks for looking,
Steve
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Hello All,
    Well while dodging the rain on Friday afternoon, Andy, Ian and I saw a father son windsurfer duo, heading for the water. Couldn't have asked for a nicer photo op thumb.gif We alrady shot some soaked birds, now we were going to get soaked humans...lol

It was tough for them to negotiate the little pier and launch ramp area.
    19342924-L.jpg

We had to duck down so they could get by :uhoh Finally, they entered the water. But instead of doing some tricks close to us, they headed out towards mid-bay rolleyes1.gif

19342920-L.jpg

So I'm still looking for my first windsurfing action shots ne_nau.gif

But, I did get Ian shooting this pair thumb.gif
    19343408-L.jpg

Sports and wildlife all in one day. All and all it was a good one clap.gif

Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    Steve,

I can sure feel the weather there through your pix. Looks like an interesting day because of the weather.

Susan
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    Thanks Susan :D

I was debating whether to post these or not. Judging by the responses, I shouldn't have.....lol So thanks to you for replying. I appreciate it deeply :cool

There's really no action in these shots, but I did like the look of the 2nd one. Plus, I had to post my shot of Ian mwink.gif

The weather was the worst I have ever taken a camera out into :uhoh We made sure we were parked nearby, so we could duck out of the rain.....lol Andy had a sealed lens attached, but I bet he was longing for that weather sealed 1Ds MkII on the other end of that sealed lens.....lol

Thanks again for responding Susan clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Where was that?
    Geesh, I gotta get around more! Cute little bridge! I didn't know they took off windsurfing from there either. Knew about Coyote Point and just north of the San Mateo Bridge, but I guess wherever there's wind, water, and a place to park the car!

You can get great windsurfing shots at Crissy Field too...

And Waddel Creek -- now it's mostly kite sailors but I got some cool windsurfers head over heels on the top of waves when I had my 12X Mavica, now I'd need a big lens mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Geesh, I gotta get around more! Cute little bridge! I didn't know they took off windsurfing from there either. Knew about Coyote Point and just north of the San Mateo Bridge, but I guess wherever there's wind, water, and a place to park the car!

You can get great windsurfing shots at Crissy Field too...

And Waddel Creek -- now it's mostly kite sailors but I got some cool windsurfers head over heels on the top of waves when I had my 12X Mavica, now I'd need a big lens mwink.gif
    Dee,
    This is at the Baylands too. If you drive past the Duck Pond, you will see another parking area to your right. Drive past it and keep following the road until it ends. To the right of where it ends, there's this little pier. It's nice for morning shots, but gets a bit bright for afternoon shots (unless the weather's bad).

Yeah, I've got to talk Andy into doing Crissy Field on his next visit after Yosemite. Good views, plus windsurfers thumb.gif

Thanks for your comments Dee :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    I quite like this composition, Steve. Nicely done!

19342920-L.jpg

Some pretty serious glass here:
    19343408-L.jpg
    -Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
    - Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2005
    I quite like this composition, Steve. Nicely done!

19342920-L.jpg

Some pretty serious glass here:
    19343408-L.jpg
    Thanks Jerry :D

I liked the composition and the "feel" of the first one also. Sort of like 2 guys setting sail into the great unknown ne_nau.gif

Yeah, that serious glass is Ian's "short" lens eek7.gif He usually has the 500mm attached :yikes That one is extremely serious......lol

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero