My little girl

Jeremy HallJeremy Hall Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited April 13, 2005 in People
I don't post all that often, but my Allison wanted me to take photos of her dog, and of course I can't say no. Don't tell her that I really want photos of her :) Anyway, I liked this one a lot and thought I would share.

19360410-L.jpg

I don't have any studio lighting (some day!), so everything I take is natural lighting. I thought this one turned out ok. Any feedback is appreciated.

Canon 20D, Canon 28-135 IS

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2005
    Excellent Job, not only a very pleasing and beautiful shot of a beautiful girl, but good ploy to get all those natural expressions. thumb.gif:D

I think B&W works here too, because that shirt just might be to loud in color JMO ne_nau.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Excellent Job, not only a very pleasing and beautiful shot of a beautiful girl, but good ploy to get all those natural expressions. thumb.gif:D

I think B&W works here too, because that shirt just might be to loud in color JMO ne_nau.gif
    I love it.. lovely soft tones and great eyes Id be very proud if this was my shot.clap.gif
  • Jeremy HallJeremy Hall Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the kind words. The JPG compression on the upload has the dark areas a little mottled - the original doesn't show this. I was happy the focus came in where I wanted it, on her eys. Glad you noticed :)

As for choosing B&W on this one, you were right on bfjr, the color one looked good, but I felt the dress colors were strong and took away from her eyes, which was where I wanted to the viewer to look this shot.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    Love it too Jeremy thumb.gifthumb.gif

A beautiful child and a great pose clap.gifclap.gif I like the B&W treatment too. It's very classy.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Love it too Jeremy thumb.gifthumb.gif

A beautiful child and a great pose clap.gifclap.gif I like the B&W treatment too. It's very classy.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve

lovely dog portrait... you can tell her that her dog looks smashing. We did not see her, we only had eyes for the dog.
    Lovely portrait again, I like the even tone quality, it does not have disturbing highlights or shadows. Everything fits in this portrait.
    Extremely agreable to look at
  • Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    Excellent shot! Lighting's great, too. Who needs studio lights? mwink.gif

B&W fits the shot very well, too.
    -Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
    - Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    What a cutie pie! Great shot and as said earlier great ployyelrotflmao.gif. I have to do the same thing with my daughter!
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.