Trouble creating a subcategory.

KCBSKCBS Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I use the subcategory feature in the my control panel it tells me that my new subcategory was created but it does not appear in the gallery category it was created in. I selected the parent category, entered the new subcategory name and clicked on create.

www.printshop.smugmug.com

Comments

• papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    KCBS wrote:
    When I use the subcategory feature in the my control panel it tells me that my new subcategory was created but it does not appear in the gallery category it was created in. I selected the parent category, entered the new subcategory name and clicked on create.

Once you associate your newly-reated sub-category with an actual gallery, I think you'll find a thumbnail will suddenly "appear" at the category level.
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Yup, the gallery view only shows the subcategories you actually have albums assigned to.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    KCBS wrote:

Creating the sub-category makes it available in the drop-down list to assign to galleries. As others have said, it will show on your homepage only after you put a gallery in that sub-category.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • KCBSKCBS Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 3, 2008
    Thanks to all for the help. I think I have a better understanding now on how the system works.

Thanks, Dan