Ugh! tips please

beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
edited June 3, 2008 in People
I did some shots of a friend and her daughter, she want's prints to surprise her husband for fathers day.
All in all I'm pretty happy with the results of the day, but would love to take the images to the next level in PP.
here's one untouched
306253339_cf7He-L.jpg
the same one with my attempt at improving
306249156_rHdhU-L.jpg
any ideas or tip or C&C would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    This is a very sweet expression and interplay between the mother and daughter. The emotion of this expression will be greatly appreciated by the Dad. However, from an artistic side, there is some more you can do. I would recommend that you get together again for another shoot. Think tight. Maybe even look for some outdoor shade. Shoot some up close shots of them at 90mm or more on your zoom. Take a white sheet or paper board or something to reflect light just in case. Also, try and shoot from eye level or a tich higher. It makes their eyes look nicer.

Here is a quick crop on your shot...hope you don't mind. I would even experiment on a tighter crop than this as well. Good luck. You are on the right track and you will do great.

306339597_qNNcK-L.jpg
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    the close up crop looks great, I'm not sure I like the filter.
    Also the eye level tip, I was frustrated by the fact that it looked like they were squinting. great tip thanks.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    306253339_cf7He-L.jpg