My new lil buddy Sal

DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
edited June 3, 2008 in People
He couldn't talk but kept coming up to me every time I touched my camera so I had to take a few shots of him...

2546849977_47d273a56d_o.jpg

2546849877_d9d232c2c1_o.jpg
Dizzle
DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L

Comments

• DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Didn't realize the links were broke :(

Any thoughts, suggestions?
    Dizzle
  • NateWagnerNateWagner Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Don't ya love kids like that? ones that just want to be photographed.

Well, for suggestions, the first photo looks like the white balance is off. The whites of the eyes look rather blue, so I would definitely try to fix that.

The second photo looks pretty soft, particularly the eyes. It looks like you smoothed out his face, but the problem is it looks like you smoothed it out too much. If you did this with photoshop you would want to make sure you had a mask on the eyes so that it did not get smoothed as well, those need to stay quite sharp. In addition the hairs on his forehead look blurred together and not well defined. This again is probably due to the smoothing efforts. I would probably try to avoid that if possible.

I think if you fixed those things it would definitely help the images. I will say that although I have tried to calibrate my monitor it is not perfect and I may be seeing things as it is late tonight, but from what I'm seeing those are my suggestions.

Nate
    Thanks,
    -Nate

Equipment
    Canon Stuff (and third party stuff as well)
    Tampa Bay Wedding Photography
  • DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Thanks Nate! I am definitely working on the PP stuff, but I am so used to editing photos for 72dpi for a website this change in routine is a bit rough on me...Laughing.gif.

Will figure it out sooner or later, thank you for the input!
    Dizzle
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    love em both. I like the second one better. I think it is the color balance.