category arrange feature problem

J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited June 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
What would cause the category arrange feature when I am signed in on my home page to not re-arrange as I want it to.

I am using FF for Mac, and I have the sort category by position and category selected. When I go into the sort feature, it shows the category in question "Password Protected Galleries - Client Photo Shoots" under position #6 after I changed it. When I save the changes my home page still shows it under position #4. :scratch

I have cleared my cache and history, re-loaded, logged out, re-logged in, quit, and gone back logged in and it is still in position #4, not #6 like I want. Visitor view shows it correct though.

When I go to my site with Safari, it displays correctly as a visitor.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John "J.T."
http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I'm not sure whether its related, but I've consitently found over the last couple of days, that I need to do "arrange galleries" (from the category view) twice before it takes hold.

I've been doing it in pbolchover.smugmug.com/2008
  • J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    I'm not sure whether its related, but I've consitently found over the last couple of days, that I need to do "arrange galleries" (from the category view) twice before it takes hold.

I've been doing it in pbolchover.smugmug.com/2008

That's interesting because I had to do it about 6-7 times and it still wouldn't take and then I just gave up, tired of it not taking?

Not sure what the deal is?
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
    edited June 4, 2008
    "bump"
    "bump"
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600

• WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    J.T. wrote:
    "bump"
    Hey John, I just received your message to the help desk and responded. Let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. :)

Wendee
    edited June 5, 2008
    Mrs.Bear wrote:
    Hey John, I just received your message to the help desk and responded. Let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. :)

Wendee

Wendee,

The screen shot you provided was correct and everything is fine now. But previously, I tried over and over to set the galleries the right way and it would not save. I had the "Password Protected Gallery-Client Photo Shoots" at spot #1 and I changed it to spot #6. But evertime I hit save on category arrange it put it at spot #4 over and over. I cleared my cache, cleared all history, quit FF, logged out of smug, etc. Nothing worked. When I checked it in Safari as a visitor, it showed correct though.

I guess I am just trying to find out why it wouldn't save correctly like I wanted when I was logged in.

This isn't the first time it has happened before.

Thanks
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600