Sunset in HarborTown

duprey26duprey26 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 4, 2008 in Landscapes
Here's a shot from Memorial Day in Harbortown on Hilton Head Island, SC. This was all done from a single RAW conversion. Happy to hear any comments or criticism.

306264832_h7i4s-L.jpg

Comments

• JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I really like your photo, I just wish the right half was a bit brighter.
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I like this image. For me personally the exposure works. A step or two further to the right would possibly yielded more uninterrupted reflection of the sun on the water. Overall it is a pretty darn good photo. There are probably a few businesses on the island that would buy it for advertising. thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • duprey26duprey26 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Thanks
    I like this image. For me personally the exposure works. A step or two further to the right would possibly yielded more uninterrupted reflection of the sun on the water. Overall it is a pretty darn good photo. There are probably a few businesses on the island that would buy it for advertising. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments. I like this exposure as well. I did bracket, and tried a HDR version, but I couldn't quite get it to look natural. I agree about the sun position, unfortunately, a step or two further to the right would have landed me in the water.