Options

Flowers in my garden!

ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited June 5, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
My wife's flowers are growing pretty nice in our garden this year. I took these shots after it showered and the sun was out...but it was a little later in the day so it was not as harsh. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks...Scott

306616747_HAQKt-L.jpg

306616786_PR35k-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Beautiful colors and very nice detail. I think # 2 would be really great but the centered composition detracts. Perhaps you could compose it so the flower is in one corner with something (part of another flower or leaves etc.) diagonal to it for balance. At the very least I would crop the right side much closer to the flower.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Scraff wrote:
    My wife's flowers are growing pretty nice in our garden this year. I took these shots after it showered and the sun was out...but it was a little later in the day so it was not as harsh. Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks...Scott

Hi Scott, I hope I have success growing some flowers this year too,
    only the weather is odd and the bulbs are growing when they shouldn't be.
    I hope they don't die ... the unusual warmish weather has caused the bulbs to grow sooner than they should be.

Love the colour of this flower.. being a centering kind of person myself,
    I can see why a person is tempted to center the shot, but it would look better as far as composition goes if it was slightly to one side.

Lovely shot all the same thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Scott, I hope I have success growing some flowers this year too,
    only the weather is odd and the bulbs are growing when they shouldn't be.
    I hope they don't die ... the unusual warmish weather has caused the bulbs to grow sooner than they should be.

Love the colour of this flower.. being a centering kind of person myself,
    I can see why a person is tempted to center the shot, but it would look better as far as composition goes if it was slightly to one side.

Lovely shot all the same thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

I tried to crop it so that it is not in the center this time....please let me know if you think it looks any better. I was also thinking maybe a white border around may look good.
    Thanks...Scott

307129366_f5bBg-L.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Scraff wrote:
    I tried to crop it so that it is not in the centre this time....please let me know if you think it looks any better. I was also thinking maybe a white border around may look good.
    Thanks...Scott

307129366_f5bBg-L.jpg

Your getting the idea Scott :D
    I cropped slightly more the other way, I still have a tendency to centre things, it's a really bad habit to break thumb.gif ....... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Your getting the idea Scott :D
    I cropped slightly more the other way, I still have a tendency to centre things, it's a really bad habit to break thumb.gif ....... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy....I like it the way you cropped....you can see some of the stem when you crop on that side.
    Thanks for the help!
    Scott