The Ghost in the Fort

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited April 11, 2005 in People
Went on a Sea Kayaking trip this weekend and we went on a hike to a for that has been abandoned since 1944. We were walking through it and one of the girls Erin turned around in this dark hallway and i had to take it. I felt like this is what it would have looked like to see a soldier standing on the other end.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Went on a Sea Kayaking trip this weekend and we went on a hike to a for that has been abandoned since 1944. We were walking through it and one of the girls Erin turned around in this dark hallway and i had to take it. I felt like this is what it would have looked like to see a soldier standing on the other end.
    Definately makes one think.. draws the eye right in..
  • Jeremy HallJeremy Hall Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Sea kayaking
    Love the feeling of solitude and mystery. I tend to crop this kind of photo down a bit, but that is entirely personal preference.

I have to say I enjoy the sea kayaking you mentioned as well. I have been several times in the Broken Group Islands just north of Wash St in Canada. Beautiful area.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 11, 2005
    Very kewl Prez thumb.gifthumb.gif

This shot can be taken so many different ways. The passage between light and dark, crossing over to the other side, or even "the light at the end of the tunnel." As Lynn points out, this image just sucks the viewer in clap.gif

Very nice work and a good idea to stop and shoot it :):

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Another one of the fort. This is where the guys would stand and point the big ol huge gun out at the bad guys. There were big steel plates several inches thick you could roll infront of the area to protect from incoming fire.