First landscape post...Rush, KY

theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited June 5, 2008 in Landscapes
I LOVE landscape photography but it's something I haven't really had the chance to get into as much as I would like as I don't really have the time or the resources that I know I would want to spend on it. :cry
This picture was taken about two minutes from my house. I was on my way home from the store and I had my camera with me....The road this was taken from is not very busy so I often find myself stopping in the middle of the road to take a picture....This one was taken from the drivers seat. C&C appreciated.

8543.jpg
Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Welcome Shane!

I think the exposure and light is pretty good here, what it needs is a little something in the foreground to improve the composition (the grass in the foreground could work, but you'd have to get lower and probably use a wide angle lens). Just pull over to the side of the road, put the emergencies on, and run across the road, the other drivers will understand :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    ...the other drivers will understand :D

And even if they don't, who really cares as long as you get The Shot? lol3.gif

Beautiful spur-of-the-moment shot, Shane and I hope to see more from you!
  • theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback Schmoo and Coscorrosa, unfortunately I don't have a wide angle yet, I'm saving for a bunch of equipment but I have two kids and it's hard to do......Hopefully once I get some more equipment and some more time I can get out and take some better shots! :D Again, thanks for the feedback and I look forward to posting a lot more landscapes in the near futre. wings.gif
    Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"