my girlfriend, finally.

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited April 13, 2005 in People
i was so excited when she said she would love to model for me. i think she's incredibly beautiful and this is my favorite picture of the batch so far. please tell me what you think. . . also, is there some way i could bring out her eyes more? thanks.

19385536-M.jpg

-barry

Comments

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    What are you doing kissing your lens in your avatar :D i think you have it all wrong :) Great shot
  • KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    I love this shot! Do we get to see more of them?
    Kagan
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    What are you doing kissing your lens in your avatar :D i think you have it all wrong :) Great shot
    Yeah,why??icon10.gifyelrotflmao.gif
    Beautiful shotthumb.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 11, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    You beat me to the punch Prez! :D

Very nice bhing
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    beautiful shot I love it.. you said you wanted to bring out the eyes more is this any better? or worse..I just selected the eye, brought up the contrast a tad and then used the sharped tool once over to crisp up the keylight a bit and used the dodge tool to just lighten the white a very tiny bit.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Lucky guy. I wish I knew about the camera when I was your age. I think if you want to bring out her eyes maybe you can use the color versionne_nau.gif
  • Jeremy HallJeremy Hall Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    I have that lens
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    If I see that right, that is the Canon 70-200 L (IS?). I have that lens, so I understand why he is kissing it :) Awesome lens. I will say stick with kissing the girl though.

Beautiful photo. I keep trying to find some time and natural lighting to take similar photos with my wife.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    thanks, i'm glad that you think she's pretty too. i felt that the picture of me kissing my lens (btw, not IS) is much more appropriate for a photography forum. i just played around with the contrast of her eyes and stuff and i think this version is better, please tell me what you think:

19435681-M.jpg

-barry
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    thanks, i'm glad that you think she's pretty too. i felt that the picture of me kissing my lens (btw, not IS) is much more appropriate for a photography forum. i just played around with the contrast of her eyes and stuff and i think this version is better, please tell me what you think:

-barry
    Much better.. good job on the post.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    nice improvement

binghott wrote:

19435681-M.jpg

-barry
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 12, 2005
    She's a beauty Barry thumb.gifthumb.gif

I like your second attempt, and Lynn's edit, better than the original. I'm an eyeman when it comes to portraits and you did a nice job of bringing them out in the re-edit clap.gif

You're one lucky dude, white glass and a gorgeous GF who doesn't mind you kissing your lenses.....lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • jediazjediaz Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 12, 2005
    Beautiful... Laura Pausini look-alike
    She reminds me of Laura Pausini, has someone ever told her that?

http://www.laurapausini.com

Check out the site and you'll agree with me.

edited April 13, 2005
    She's a beauty Barry thumb.gifthumb.gif

You're one lucky dude, white glass and a gorgeous GF who doesn't mind you kissing your lenses.....lol
    actually, i think that picture was from when i was very single and very lonely. . .bncry.gif

maybe i should get a pic of her kissing the lens. . . now that's what i'm talkin about.thumb.gif
    edited April 13, 2005
    jediaz wrote:
    She reminds me of Laura Pausini, has someone ever told her that?

http://www.laurapausini.com

Check out the site and you'll agree with me.

i see what you're saying, definitely some similarities.
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2005
    Gorgeous portrait. I'd also like to see the colour version tough.

Lynn, how did you improve the left eye without messing up the hair in front? Any special technique or just less of the effect?